The Firearms Forum banner

LAMA 1911 in 380

Tags
2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  22WRF 
#1 ·
Guy at work has one for sale and is wanting $240 for it. I can't seem to find one on any sites on the value
I was busy working and didn't have much time to check it out. Seemed like it was all steel and didn't look like it was in too bad of shape. He said he has had no issues with it.
Can someone give me an approx value? Tell me a little about it, being good or bad?
Thanks
EJK

#2 ·
I have had three of them. The first one was one of the early ones and was a really good gun. My First Sergeant, at the time, wanted it so I sold it to him. That was in the early-70s. I bought myself another one a few years later, some time in the late 80s. It was a piece of crap so I sold it, just to get rid of it. I bought another one last year that is one of the early ones and shoots really good, the only problem is the safety is busted.

Anyway, if it is in good shape, I would say that the $240 is a fair price for it. The 2014 Standard Catalog of Gun Values has the early one (Model III-A) valued from $100 for poor to $300 for excellent. It has the newer model (Micro-Max) valued from $75 for poor shape to $400 for New In Box!

From the pictures I can see in the catalog of values, the Model III-A has a rib on the slide and the Micro-Max does not.

Hope this info helps!

#5 ·
The older versions did not have the ventilated rib on the slide, and were fine guns. The newer models WITH the rib are hit/miss. The older models are locked breech guns. The newest models are cheap blowback actions.
The grip angle is slightly off from a 1911.

#7 ·
I had an early one, decades ago, and it was a good shooter. Only problem I had with it was the 10 lb. trigger. I'm certain that could have been rectified but I never bothered with it, gave it to a friend. I agree on the price.

#8 ·
Mixed reviews on them but they arent bad guns. I would probably buy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.