Lames Model 801 12ga. O/U

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Doug W., Apr 27, 2003.

1. Doug W.

Doug W. New Member

I have an oppurtunity to purchase a shotgun but have no idea of its worth. It is a Lames model 801 in 12ga. Made in Italy Imported by someone in Denver Colorado (forgot the name)...also there is "Chiavari" on it (think that's the spelling) It is engraved with lots of scroll work on the receiver and trigger gaurd. Seems to be good workmanship, fairly tight. shows signs of being well used, but not too abused. The asking price is $479.00. The guy selling could not tell me anything about it, and I am doubting his ability to price the gun correctly....can anyone help me out?

thanks,
    Doug
  2. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Doug, no I do not have a price on the Lama but I am sure there will be someone along that can give you a good idea on the price. But welcome and make yourself at home; seems to me though that you can't find many O/Us at that kind of price.
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey!...

Well now!...Welcome to ya Doug W., We'll at least look it up for ya...until someone with more knowledge of the O/U comes along...:)
  4. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Well, I'm fairly familiar with the piece.

We need to decide which version (the model number really does not tell me that much). How is the gun choked and what is the barrel length?

Oh, that's CHIAVARI, Italy where the gun was made.
  5. Doug W.

Doug W. New Member

Thanks for the Welcome!

The gun is 12ga. with Full and Modified chokes labled on the chamber. (fixed chokes) I believe it is a 30" barrel. I am no expert appraiser, but my guess would be in about 80% condition.
    Lames Model 801. I'm not sure what else I can tell you.....

Thanks again!
    Doug
  6. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

All right, then. Assuming a field stock and standard rib (as opposed to wide rib and Monte-Carlo stock), you are looking at $400 max.
  7. Doug W.

Doug W. New Member

Great! Thanks for all the info. This seems like a good website....I will inform some friends and be sure to keep it bookmarked!

thanks again!

Doug
  8. redhawk313

redhawk313 New Member

I have a Lames Model 801 - made in Chiavari Italy, with the wide rib, full/full 30 inch barrel, with the Monte Carlo stock, I think it was originally imported by Parker-Hale. It is in excellent shape, fewer than three boxes of ammo have been put through it. What is this gun worth?
  9. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Redhawk
    Does it have seperated barrels?
  10. redhawk313

redhawk313 New Member

no
  11. southernshooter

Then it is a Trap Grade
    Exc. shape $600
    Good shape $450
  12. redhawk313

redhawk313 New Member

Thanks for the information, I appreciate your rapid response!
  13. southernshooter

No problem the reason I asked about the seperated barrels is their is a California Trap Model I just wanted to make sure you got the right price
  14. on target

on target New Member

the gun is made in Italy and was mostly used for club target shooting is what I have been told I have one and be carefull because they tend to double fire I believe they sold new for about 600.00 to 700.00 dollars.
  15. whattyups

whattyups New Member

I have a lames O/U and the fore arm split in two. Does any ony know where I could get a replacement piece?