LaPierre Adresses UN

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by RunningOnMT, Jul 15, 2011.

1. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

I should be able to own firearms that the military uses. There is NO distinction in the 2nd Amendment. I should be able to own fully automatic weapons. Owning such does NOT make me a threat or bad person. The only "threat" I present is to a tyrannical government.

And I should NOT have to register ANY of it with ANYONE, EVER.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I do believe that the NRA is 100 percent against the UN which is a good thing in my mind, but this speech still brings about doubts of the position of the NRA.

Why is there so much talk about “civilian” firearms? Most likely because of the way that the ATT is written, but a firearm is a firearm. Beings that we basically can not own machine guns anymore, because of the NRA's compromise in the past, I guess that is a true statement as disgusting as I find it.

Wayne, I think this is the fundamental difference between you (NRA) and me.
    When I reduce it down I come up with two words; Natural Rights.
    As I see it, the Second Amendment is there firstly so that we can overthrow an unjust government, then down the list are plenty of other benefits.

I wrote a short piece that has to do with exactly this a while ago, and I hope you read it and maybe comment.

Inalienable Rights VS Compromise
  3. Artemus

Artemus New Member

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha,good one.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Im telling ya, that Juker has the worst luck with his guns!
  5. ofitg

ofitg New Member

It seems to me that LaPierre might be saying "civilian guns" to mean "guns not owned by the government".... not relating to any characteristic of the gun's design.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Wayne is foremost, a politician. He has his own agenda, and it doesn't correlate to mine.

Good speech that's full of ambiguity and self interpretation.

The NRA is a not for profit organization. Come year end, and the excess isn't spent, where does it go?
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Hopefully it goes back to community projects.
    Shooting ranges
    Safety classes and whatnot.
    I hope so anyways.
  8. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

Never forget the NRA has made itself into a single issue organization. Likewise, never forget W. LaPierre, having achieved the postion of "Executive Director", has his own career agenda, too. (Not that I dislike the NRA, I'm a Life Member.) >MW
  9. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

True Dat Graehaven.
    The original intent of the 2A was to allow the population weapons comparble to what the military of the time was carrying.
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

The NRA is only a single issue org. when they want to be. They have no problem dabbling in other areas when it suits them.

The founding fathers wrote the Constitution in order of importance. The 1st amendment is 1st for a reason. Without it, the rest is worthless. The 2nd is meant to protect the 1st. How can the NRA exclude the 1st from support when it's the sole reason for their existance?
  11. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Exaclty. They exercise their first amendment rights every time they speak on any topic, but the 2nd in particular.

Unfortunately, if the 2nd gets "removed," then the 1st will be targeted next for destruction.