Laser BOre sighters

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jackhammer_96, Dec 16, 2003.

1. jackhammer_96

jackhammer_96 New Member

Hello All,
    I am new to the forum and would just like to say hey. My question is has anyone used a laser bore sighter and do they work/ how well do they work? I am looking at the site lite brand models sl-100 and sl-50. The sl50 goes in the chamber and emmits a laser through the barrel and fills it with the beam. The sl-100 goes on the end of the barrel and goes from there. One of the reasons I am looking at these is I have an sks that I mounted a shell deflector and high scope mount to so I could put a regular variable scope on, and that makes it too high for the normal bore sighter. So I thought this might work. I also have friends that change their setups taking scopes on and off I would be more than willing to sight their guns in for them for a small fee. Any way please give me your opinion/s about the laser bore sighters or what brand works the best.
    Thanks,:confused:
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Hello there, jackhammer_96.

We're glad you stopped by at TFF. I hope you will join us often and post often. We have a very congenial bunch here and the collective knowledge is unsurpassed anywhere. Have a little patience and your question will be answered. It may take a little time for it to be seen by the experts.

Attached Files:

3. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

Cabelas has one for $49 that works very well..adjustable and has 10 - 12 different types for different calibers. Mine puts them within 3-4 inches of the bull at 100 yds. Would highly recommend it.

Not everyone shoots a bolt all the time...ya bunch of neanderthals...real men shoot a savage 99!!! Your swing LTS...

swede
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

:eek:

hehehe ...

Batter up! ;)
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

jackhammer_96;
    Welcome to the forum. Pull up a stump and join the melee.

Yes, those bore-sighters are good enough to put the first shot on paper. Adjusting from there is up to the shooter.