The Firearms Forum banner

Laser sight for Kel Tec P3AT

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  questor 
#1 ·
I just ordered the ArmaLaser for my new Kel Tec. It looks good, and the price is right, but I haven't actually used it.

Has anyone tried both the Crimson Trace and the ArmaLaser? Can you offer any comparisons?

#2 ·
check out 'theartofthegun'

it is a holster/pocket rig that is useful

at 3 paces by the time you get the laser on the moving target
your to late.
take the cost of the laser and by ammo and practice from the hip style point shooting
with a target about 6 to 9 feet away. i play a game with those who have lasers and more than half of them have given them up.
they can actually work against you.
and those who say it helps you in the dark to find your target--it is never so dark that you cant see the BG at 5 paces.

good luck to you.

#3 ·
I have a friend that put the CT laser on his Kel-Tec P3AT. We go to the range a couple of times a week. Without the CT, he couldn't hit anything much beyond belly gun range, but with the CT laser, he can shoot consistent 4" groups at 5 yards, even 7 yards when he is having a good day. So it helped him extend the useful "range" of that weapon.

#5 ·
Well, I got the ArmaLaser installed, and it has some pros and cons. For one, it allows me to consistently hit a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper at 15 yards (which I can barely do at five yards without the laser). It also adds nothing to the dimensions of the gun, just makes the shape a little more "blocky." Finally, it doesn't change the way you grip the gun at all (the Crimson Trace on the Kel-Tec does put a small button just under the finger guard).

On the bad side, your finger has to go inside the trigger guard to activate the laser. That is far from ideal.

Overall, I think it's a great addition to an excellent carry piece. Also, the ArmaLaser came with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, which really makes the whole thing disappear in big pockets and look like a small book in somewhat tight pockets.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures.

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

Gun Trigger Technology Hand Finger

This last one is comparing the widths of the Kel-Tec with a Taurus 85 (5 shot J-frame).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.