Lasermax sights

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mhammer3333, Mar 30, 2006.

1. mhammer3333

mhammer3333 New Member

Does anyone have one, what is it on and what do they think of it?
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

First thing I have to say about them, is that they are quite a TOY.
    (You know.....men and their toys :D )

Personally, I would never depend on one to save my life. About the time you do, will be the first time it fails, for whatever reason. Along with the fact that the “beam” can be followed back to the gun in your hand, giving the enemy something to shoot AT.

That being said, I have one on my SIG 226. Have had it for years. LOVE IT. Every third month, our combat pistol league holds a flashlight and lowlight match. On the lowlight side, I use the SIG with the LaserMax in it.

The last match was a 22 round stage, I fired 41 rounds. (Just for fun, and because I know that with the LaserMax I have a distinct advantage) Every round went where it was supposed to, no misses. Never even looked at the sights, just looked where the laser was, and pulled the trigger. (again, just for fun, I was putting 2 in the body, 1 in the head, 2 in the body, 2 in the head) The guys taping the targets did make some comments.

When the scores were added up, even firing as many rounds as I did, my total time was almost half of the best shooter that night. Of course using the laser is not fair, so I do shoot in a different class when I use it. If you shoot competition, you understand about the “class.”

In closing, with what I have said above, if you have a chance to USE the LaserMax, get it. It’s just that I don’t know many people that get to shoot in the dark/lowlight unless they shoot/practice tactical style shooting. If your getting it for the “cool” effect, you are wasting your money. To use it for home defense? You will have to make up your own mind. While you “can” use them, they do NOT work well in daylight.

P.S.
    I do shoot the lowlight side without it at times,
    just to keep in practice, ya know. ;)
  3. Laserlips

Laserlips New Member

Let me know when you ask the same question about the Crimson Trace Lasergrips.. I've got a couple of those..

I do think that LaserMax and Crimson Trace are the two best laser products and you won't go wrong with either.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

[​IMG]
  4. briarjumper12

briarjumper12 New Member

Crimson Trace rules. I have one on a S&W mod 10 and it ROCKS!!!