1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

LAST CHANCE to FIGHT!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

This is the notice I received a short time ago from NRA-ILA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SENATE TO VOTE ON GUN BAN & ENDING GUN SHOWS TOMORROW!!!!

Last Chance For You To Make Your Voice Heard!!

At noon on Monday, the U.S. Senate resumed debate on S. 1805-the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act" (formerly referred to as S. 659/S. 1806). On the only vote of the day, the Senate defeated the NRA-opposed Bingaman Amendment on a vote of 28-59. The Bingaman Amendment sought to gut S. 1805 by allowing anti-gun lawyers and activist judges to determine a firearm was "defective" simply because it could be "reasonably foreseen" it could be used in a crime-a standard that has already been incorporated into S. 1805.

Our last chance this year to enact into law a "clean" lawsuit bill (without any anti-gun amendments) comes tomorrow, and the action will be fast and furious! Debate will resume at 9:00 a.m., on Tuesday morning, and final votes will be taken on anti-gun amendments and final passage of S. 1805. We strongly encourage you to watch the proceedings if you are able to do so on C-SPAN2.

The two most pressing issues that will be debated and voted on tomorrow are amendments to reenact the Clinton gun ban (Feinstein Amendment) and shut down gun shows (McCain-Reed).

This is your last chance to contact your Senators to support S. 1805 without any anti-gun "poison pill" amendments! Please continue to contact your U.S. Senators, tonight and tomorrow morning, at (202) 224-3121, and urge them to support S. 1805 without any anti-gun "poison pill" amendments. For contact information for your U.S. Senators, visit ILA's website at www.NRAILA.org and utilize the "Write Your Representatives" feature that will allow you to identify and contact your U.S. Senators.

Time is of the essence on these matters! We know you've been doing your part to communicate these messages to your U.S. Senators, but with votes imminent TOMORROW, you must do so again, starting NOW! Also, urge your family, friends, and fellow firearm owners to do the same.

Victory is almost at hand! But it is going to take a final push by you and our fellow Second Amendment supporters to make enactment of a "clean" lawsuit bill reality! This is our last chance!

CALL, E-MAIL, AND FAX YOUR U.S. SENATORS AND URGE THEM TO SUPPORT S. 1805 WITHOUT ANY ANTI-GUN AMENDMENTS!

VOTES ON THESE AMENDMENTS AND ON FINAL PASSAGE
    OF S. 1805 WILL OCCUR ON TUESDAY, MARCH 2!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

I'm in Marlin! Folks I work with are in too! Gunna be some unemployed folks (politician's) 'round here if they don't vote correctly!...;)
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Bush claims he will not sign it if it has any attachments/riders.
    That`s if it makes it to him, we shall see. Even if he never see`s it, it won`t matter in those gun hating commie States. Even if the Assualt rifle ban sunsets.......prices will not change on prebans or highcaps. SO, be happy------if you don`t live in one, otherwise---nothing has or will change for you. Move or just whine and bitch, cause most have proved by voting.......it ain`t so bad.

LTS
  4. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

We must stand together in our fight against the UN sponsored global bolshevism in their efforts to try and enslave us through gradual world disarmament. We are one of the last fronts on which the battle will be fought. There are not many left that have not been already enslaved. Just look at the EU and Brazil. Most of Europe and South America is already enslaved by the CFR, with Asia and Central America soon to follow. Canada to the north is slowly being gutted. We must defend the 2nd ammendment to the last man. It is the only thing separating us from enslavement.
    If you think I am kidding and you don't think it can happen here, then you are not a student of history.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  5. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

i was at the range today and someone posted up a small news clipping about australia how they have been victim to a confiscation and it listed these outrageous percentages of crimes going up . . .but i can believe it, it seems to me that anyone with a brain in thier head could see that happening, but then again we are talking politics . . .

As for leaving . . .i would love to find work outside massachusetts and denounce my status as a Masshole . . .looking for coastal, eastern, maybe carolina, virginia area?
  6. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

JohnyRobotic:

You're always welcome in Florida. In some counties the guns outnumber the populace. :)
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Thats where I'd like to go some day........

mike