Last resort

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by spacedoggy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. spacedoggy

spacedoggy New Member

I carry a handgun for self defense and have my permit. I feel the handgun is my last resort to protect myself or others. What I don't understand is why we are not allowed to use less deadly weapons before using our firearm. I would like to carry a baton or tazer or even a baseball bat but they are all illegal. It seems to me that if I qualify to carry a firearm then why not allow us to carry less lethal weapons?
  2. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

What state do you live in? You should be able to use pepper spray, being that leaves virtually no long lasting physical damage.
  3. It largely depends on the state you live in, space, though I agree the laws sometimes don't make much sense. Here in Colorado a person can carry pepper spray, for example, without need of any license.
  4. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Here is my two cents.

Have you ever seen one of those old samauri movies where everyone flies and carries swords or staffs...Imagine that in your town or city.

You carry a stick. I get a bigger better stick. You carry a stick with a nail in it. I get a stick with a knife tied to one end. You throw away your stick and carry a bow and arrow, I get a better bow and arrow. You carry a gun. I get body armor and a better gun with laser sights. You carry a phaser. I get a disruptor. You carry a nuke. I put nukes in rockets.

Where does it end? With every hoodlum and inexperienced civilian carrying some sort of dangerous wepon?

Reminds me of an old comedy song about this cowboy that was the 132nd fastest gun in the old west. He spent his time looking for #133:rolleyes:

I learned a new saying last year that I really like that applies here. It is better to ask forgiveness than permission. I often carry many different types of personal protection not necessarily legal. But I am safer with them than without them.