1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

last round problem 1911

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by montana mike, Jul 26, 2009.

1. montana mike

montana mike New Member

bought a high standard camp perry this wkend it will not fire the last round from magazine (3 good mags) everything seems right but the hammer seems to stop at safety position. If i pull the slideback alittle and let it go home the round fires and slide locks open correctly.whasup?Mike
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Has to be a gunsmith job here. My opinion is the lock works hanging up somewhere. Though why on the last round is odd. I assume it chambers smoothly with the slide in battery, and the hammer just doesn't fall all the way. Needs a pro to look at it in my view.
  3. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Gotta agree with Tranter on this, cant imagine why on the last round every time.
  4. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

If I understand the problem correcly,from what I found:

Lock the slide back, pull the trigger and hold it...and hit the slide release (do not sling shot). If the hammer doesn't follow the slide, it can probably be cured with a little forward bend on the center leg of the sear spring. If it follows with the trigger pulled, it's a hammer hook/sear engagement issue...and more involved to correct – warranty issue either way …
  5. TOOHSOTKIL

TOOHSOTKIL New Member

Ah, the new Hi Standard...........
  6. montana mike

montana mike New Member

thanks gang it's been to long since i work on one of these i remember just enough to take it completely apart but then putting it back together?????? so taking it to my gunsmith tomorrow.Mike .it's not new but about 98% and it"s out of the custom shop. let ya know what happens. MM.
  7. montana mike

montana mike New Member

And the winner is DOC1911 "slight tweak to the sear spring" ta-da everything is a go.MIKE