last time for deer processor

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Rneck, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

With the "live" weight being at 204lbs, I'd say getting 108lbs back isnt bad at all. Ive made lung shot on them with bows and shotguns, and unless the shot was taken straight quatered away, straight in and straight out with less damage. But with a shot angeled in on a lung shot, it can do alot of damage to a front quarter.
  2. henry77

henry77 New Member

I have been doing my own for 40 years because I want all the meat.
  3. Rneck

Rneck New Member

congrats on a nice buck, and that is a very good processor you use. wish I had access to him. that seems a little high to me unless they sliced the meat with the bone in. he probably doesn't sell jerky either
  4. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

No, the meat was all boned out. And he don't make jerky. He, 'the prosessor,' said the deer would go well over 200lbs. live weight. He estimated, 204-210 lbs. field dressed. I would have loved to known it's true field dressed wt. He didn't have a hanging scale.
  5. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

I would like for you fellers to see my buck, but I don't know how to post the pic to a forum. I only know how to do it to a, email address.
  6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

28 pounds of meat off a 130 pound deer? And I was upset because I only got 65 pounds off my 140 pounder. I know I'd be finding someone else if it were me.