The Firearms Forum banner

Lazy Man's Lasagna

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  JoeV 
#1 ·
NOTE: This recipe can be made with all purchased items. I just happen to make all the ingredients from scratch, except for the cheese.

I made a mini version Lazy Man's Lasagna (full version is made in 9x13 pan and feeds 6 adults), and had some homemade baguettes from yesterday to go with it. Me and the Mrs were just saying, this recipe is easier and just as good (or better) as making the old style lasagna, with half the work. I made this batch in a 6x6 Corningware dish, with my whole wheat & basil 5-cheese ravioli, along with my homemade Italian sausage and homemade spaghetti sauce (1 pint for this size dish, 1 qt. for the 9x13 size).

Coat bottom of dish with sauce and first layer of ravioli

Over the ravioli put a layer of cooked Italian sausage, sauce and Mozzarella cheese.

Time for the next layer of ravioli...

Finally, top with a layer of cooked sausage, sauce and cheese (I used Mozzarella & Provolone for the topping, and pop in the oven for 40 minutes at 350F.

It's a sensual experience of textures in this dish from the hot, stringy Mozzarella and Provolone cheeses and the chewy Italian sausage, then you get a burst of flavor when you bite through the skin of the ravioli and get that creamy gush of 5 different cheeses, all in a chunky tomato sauce with vibrant Italian seasonings. I'm ready for a smoke and a nap.

See less See more
#6 ·
Tim, I wish it were simply intolerance, but I've narrowed it down (with the help of my best friend who is a nurse) to my body having a problem digesting dairy fat... With lactose intolerance you simply get the annoying gas, cramps and diarrhea, but with this it is a severe pain just below the chest that will keep you awake half the night... Switching to 2% milk and cheese (when I can find 2% cheese) helps a LOT, but if I over do it, I sure pay the price!

Lord knows I've eaten my share of lactaid and heartburn pills through the years, trying anything and everything until we finally narrowed it down.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Joe!!!! :eek:

Crpdeth

#10 ·
that looks damn good! Im goin to raid the chef boyardee rack at walmarts now.

#11 ·
And people think we're a bunch of gun nuts .
Look how diverse we are. Can you see a TV cooking show, everyone in the kitchen armed, wearing BDU's and aprons with 'carry' pockets in it, call it 'Guns and Garbonzos".
"We The People" wallpaper in the background.......
People just think they know us. We are creative and talented, and above all, we are the ones who stand up for every Americans rights, even those whom we don't get along with !
Thanks for sharing Joe.

#12 · (Edited)
And people think we're a bunch of gun nuts .
Look how diverse we are. Can you see a TV cooking show, everyone in the kitchen armed, wearing BDU's and aprons with 'carry' pockets in it, call it 'Guns and Garbonzos".
"We The People" wallpaper in the background.......
People just think they know us. We are creative and talented, and above all, we are the ones who stand up for every Americans rights, even those whom we don't get along with !
Thanks for sharing Joe.
Amen, brother. Here's sending some Chicken Cordon Bleu your way...

...and a little something in case the zombies decide to break into your kitchen...

And if you have to run to the store for butter & eggs, don't leave home without it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.