1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

LC Smith Hammer Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

(1/5/03 1:35:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All L.C. Smith date of mfg.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have my grandfathers sxs 12 ga. hammer Hunter Arms of Fulton, New York shotgun. It is marked on both sides of the receiver "L.C. Smith", Ser.# 166,318 with an "F" below the number. It has 30' barrels. Can anyone help me with the date of production?

From searching Google I find it may have been made between 1908-1910.

Thanks for any help!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/5/03 4:46:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: L.C. Smith date of mfg.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Silver....I get two conflicting dates....from the same site!

According to ShotgunWorld (www.shotgunworld.com/iden...ml#dates), it could have been made in either 1910 or 1938. gunshop.com/dgsnos5.htm

Silver72
    (1/5/03 5:04:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del L.C. Smith
    Thanks! I was trying to deside about when Grand Dad got the gun. My brother just gave me three old family guns. Besides the Snith, a single shot 12 ga. marked Volunteer Arms Co. with my Dad's name craved on the stock and a Mossberg semi auto 151M that has a factory peep site. The front site is hooded wirh a choice of three posts. The rifle has a full lenght stock. It has a Boyt 1944 M1 sling and was stored in a B.B. Hanson Mfg. Co. 1944 O.D. case. The Smith was in a R.H. Long 12-18 canvas rifle case.