LC Smith Hammerless Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tazman, Nov 15, 2006.

1. tazman

tazman New Member

I have an LC Smith double barrel, hammerless, double trigger shot gun. It is in excellent condition. It is made by Hunter Arms co, Fulton IL, serial # 90813. Patent March 29, 1883, July 13, 1885 and Oct. 5, 1886. It is in it's original case and comes with original wooden cleaning kit. I am wondering how much this gun is worth and possibly where I could sell it.
  2. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi tazman.....welcome to TFF. :)

Two questions:

What guage is it?

What grade is it?
  4. tazman

tazman New Member

Sorry, no pictures at this time
  5. tazman

tazman New Member

:eek: The gun is a 12 gauge. I am new to this computer stuff so forgive me if I make a few mistakes
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  6. Laxcoach

Laxcoach Member

Tazman, I'm about to bewilder you with questions, all necessary to answering yours----
    1) condition of wood;
    2) amount of remaining blue;
    3) amount of remaining case color;
    4) barrel length;
    5) single or double trigger;
    6) extractors or ejectors;
    7) grade;
    8) prefix before serial number on watertable;
    9) condition of bores;
    10) buttplate or pad;
    11) length of pull.
    These are MOST of the questions that need to be answered for a prospective buyer. PM me and I'll try to walk you through this list.
  7. lamehawk

lamehawk New Member

Hi Laxcoach! I am learning more about asking my questions and your information has helped. I do have questions about-#8 where is this located?#11 what is length of pull?
    Thank you Lamehawk!
  8. Laxcoach

Laxcoach Member

Lamehawk, the prefix is on the watertable--- the flat area of the receiver that the barrels rest on when the gun is assembled (make SURE the gun is cocked before you take it apart).
    Length of pull is the distance from the front trigger to the back of the buttplate (or pad) in a line parallel to the barrels.
  9. lamehawk

lamehawk New Member

Thank you so much and I will get this information,asap!Lamehawk
  10. tazman

tazman New Member

Hi, Just got your post about my gun and the questions to answer. Will get back with you real soon with as many answers as possible. The color of the case is tan with brown leather trim and is in remarkably excellent condition with no tears or rotting of the material. I will try for pictures, I'm new to this net. The whole gun is in excellent condition, the bluing is in excellent condition. Whoever owned this gun previously to my dad kept it in almost new condition right down to the original wooden cleaning rod.