LCR reports?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by ARB, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

I had decided since the LCRs first came out that I would wait and see how they are doing. I have been considering switching out my primary carry weapon for a revolver. I like the SP101's, though they are a tad on the heavy side and during the summer would undoubtably see a lot of my glove box. I really like the size of the LCR's, as I used to carry an LCP. (Got rid of it due to functioning problems) So, if those of you that have or carry one of these little fellas could give an update, it would be appreciated.
  2. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Arb, I carry one everyday. They are so light that you hardly know you are carrying one. Mine has the crimson Trace grips. I actually havnt shot it much as I know I can hit anything within 10 feet. I usually load it with Winchester Bonded PDX1or L?? 38sp. +P personal protection rounds. I also have the Sp-101 and love it but it is too heavy and cumbersome for the way I carry which is to stick it in my front waistband so my fat completely covers it:D The Sp carried that way cuts off your femoral artery when you are sitting and makes your leg go numb.:eek: So depending on where I am going or whatever circumstances I might percieve I may encounter, I carry different pieces, but for everyday assurance I use the LCR sometimes backed up by my LCP...or whatever.

Attached Files:

3. ARB

ARB New Member

So, it will handle the +P's okay? I have been dragging my feet to see if there would be any structural problems with this one. Obviously, this isn't the type of firearm that you would be putting massive amounts of ammo down range everyday, but....
  4. TheGunClinger

Takes +P without a second glance! The recoil is not all that bad but that might be due to the Crimson trace grips. As you say, it is not a range gun that you can shoot all day but ??maybe it is. I just go to the range and fire a few cylinders through it just to make sure it works and then shoot all the other stuff I bring and lately that would be my 1911's. Ruger makes a stout gun and I have many of them and never had a problem.

Attached Files:

5. TheGunClinger

Also Hi Viz has some fiber optic sights that are made for the LCR.(available in March) Might be worth looking into. http://www.hivizsights.com/ I think I will get those if my wife approves.;):D She is staring at me.:eek:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I think ruger put in some research hours on this one. I have sold a few of them and everyone says they love them. I say they are the most innovative snubbie on the market. I wouldnt be afraid to buy one. I have been selling mine for $419.00. What are they going for in your area? They are getting harder to get along with the LCP.
  7. ARB

ARB New Member

Don't look her in the eye!!! :D
    That's some promising news you gave me. Can I be so bold to ask you what you paid for it? The prices that are listed on Ruger's website are never too accurate. I would probably forego the Crimson Trace grips initially. An add on in the future, perhaps. Hell hath no fury, as a wife........nope that about sums it up. Thanks again.
  8. oldogy

oldogy New Member

The wife likes her LCR better than the Smith 442. The recoil of the LCR with its Hogue type grip is more manageable than the 442 with stock grips. Trigger is smoother than the stock 442. I like it also, shot and carried it a few times in a holster designed for the 442.
    oldogy
    Price mentioned above is what I paid.
  9. TheGunClinger

I think I paid about $650 which was too much but at the time no body had one and I wanted on so I bought it. Without the CT grips it was about $200 less. So the $419.00 price that Double D sells his for is probably a good deal. My wife read the thing about dont look her in the eye and laughed her.....behind? off.:D BTW. They are getting to be hard to get as I assume, people love them.
  10. rugerman

rugerman New Member

I bought one for my wife with crimson trace grips, we both have arthritis in our hands and the recoil from 158gr swc and 148grhbwc hurt so I loaded up some 110 and 125gr jhc and the recoil is much better. She has had a sp101 for several years but felt it was too heavy to carry so she has been carring a walther ppk but she had a hard time racking the slide so I figured a revolver would be better. She likes it and the ct laser grips make aiming much easier and the bounching light show her what she is doing wrong with the trigger pull (I kept telling her that she was pushing the gun just as it was firing, now she understands what I was talking about). She likes the weight and the laser is a real plus, now I might get my ppk back.