Leave MY Heart at Wounded Knee

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by whymememe, Jun 9, 2012.

1. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

mate , not to be rude but yes native folks where treated badly , in the name of states hood in the name of progress and even in the name of God , but none of it was right ..
    in tasmania they put bounties on folks

there ARE NO TASMANIAN aboriginals any more

a lot of wanna be , but the sad fact is they where wiped out , every single one

and the bounty was put on by someone who was a Christian minister ( in title)

but the guy was scum , he drank he stole he womanised

he paid for his position and live high up all his life

how do you think his time in hell is ??

how do you think God reacts to those who dont know him being slaughtered like that ??

as they did not know God , he's take them to himself as Children , who are innocent and keep them close ..

the men who did all that was wrong because of hatred and ignorance

keeping ignorance of who and why they did it to keep the hate going , is just as wrong

two wrongs dont make a right

so instead of throwing blame back to folks who are dead or worse trying to blame those alive today for it

do something to make it better for them

i cant fix the crimes against the koori folks here , but i can make sure that it dont happen again and that the folks are looked after and brought every chance we can give them ..

what happened on both sides was wrong , lets hope we've learned and grown from that time ..

but always remember just because someone calls themselves Christian Moderate whatever , dont mean its true

look at all those in power today

many state they are beleivers, but look how they carry on ,

but they'll pay .. thats not my issue except to protect folks from these schmucks poor decisions
  3. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Jack, alot of history like this was suppressed or not presented accurately. It just boils down to responsibility. Should I only care about what happens during my tiny life span? If people today use civil rights to lever the system. Why can't the Native American do the same.
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

they should , but as a friend of mine who is native american states , he does not wish to be like those with thier hands out , and sadly the gov helps others more than they help native folks

dont see too many natives getting $400,000 grants to build a community centre on a old church ,

muslims get it , communists get it so why not natives ?

you cant just focus on now we have to know our history to not repeat it

but you act on the now , with knowledge of the past to prevent those wrongs happening in the future to your folks or anyone else

i use native title laws and other laws here to take care of the koori folks as best we can

nothing wrong with that at all

if i can help say so , happy to do so

cause theres a lot of doin that needs getting done ..
  5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I do what I can also, I have a few letters of appreciation from Friar Stephen Huffstetler, director of St. Joseph's Indian School. It's a school for the Lakota children. St. Joseph's Indian School, Chamberlain, SD 57326, (605) 234 3300 www.stjo.org I just send them a little monetary donation occassionally. They are so thankful.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and there ya Go , good for you

we cant change the past , we cant be responsible for the actions of our fathers or those before , we can only be and do what we are today ,

we must learn our history as it so oft repeats , so we dont make those evil wrongs again , we as in us as thats the only folks we control or have any say over ... ourselves.

so never forget , but hate ? leave that in the past or for todays injustices , Lord knows theres enough of them going on to all folks ..

hey interested in a little cross cultural exchange ? , some koori kids from the bush to your Lakota kids ? mail email skype etc ..
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  7. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

i'm basically a funds contributor. You might contact Friar Huffstetler at the website or phone number in the above thread.
  8. jasperab

jasperab New Member

There is no such thing as a NATIVE American! Just early immigrants!
    My Great grandmother was Creek and married a French Huegenot to avoid the family having to make the march on the Trail of Tears and by doing so were able to stay on their farm in Greene Co. Alabama.
    When I hear "natives" talking about reservations I always ask "where would the white man's reservations be located if the "natives" had won?
    In a warrior society the victors get the spoils. The Sioux were originally located in the Great Lakes region but got run out by stronger nations and didn't gain their strength until the advent of the horse.
    Don't know exact dates, but black men got the vote in the 1870's, women around 1924, Indians around 1928!