1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Lee auto disk powder

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by madmantrapper, Jan 7, 2010.

1. madmantrapper

madmantrapper New Member

Can someone tell me what combination of disk I would use to throw 7.0 gr. of unique? I can't find the table to save my life. Maybe someone could scan it and send it to me. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Paul
  2. madmantrapper

madmantrapper New Member

I found the info I needed on the Lee website, thanks anyway.

Paul
  3. RugerBob

RugerBob New Member

Paul, Did you measure after you did a drop on different scales? I have a beam and a digital scale. I have found there drops to be about .5 over what they say it drops. So I set mine up as per digi reading. Unique is what I mostly use and found there 7gr always gives me 7.5 with unique. I was hunting for 6.8 gr Unique and figured 7 ok. Maybe its a lawyer thing. Did you get it to work out for you? hanks Bob
  4. RandyP

RandyP Member

As I frequently post, if you don't mind spending an extra $7.60 plus shipping?, the adjustable charge bar eliminates the need for most of the disk usage. Just dial in what weight you want, confirm it with your scale and you're good to go. Makes load or caliber changes super simple.

http://factorysales.com/html/xcart/catalog/powhan1.html

Midway gets MSRP or $9.99 for them:

http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#adjustable charge bar____-_1-2-4_8-16-32

I only need to swap over to my micro-disk when I'm loading .380ACP.
  5. madmantrapper

madmantrapper New Member

The table called for .76 disk. I had a forty and a thirty six (double disk). It was throwing 7.4 gr. of unique. I switched to a .76 disk (single) and it throw a consistant 6.9. Close enough. I alway check about every fourth or fifth load.

Paul
  6. dsv424

dsv424 New Member

++ for the Adjustable Charge Bar it sure makes it alot easier to find a certain drop without always changeing discs for the drop you need. Its a PITA to always turn off the valve, drain what is in the chamber, unscrew the hopper, and try another disc. When all you really have to do with ACB is dial the drop you want. Really cuts down on time finding the correct powder measure.:)
  7. madmantrapper

madmantrapper New Member

Yes I think I will invest in one of those.