Lee Load All 2 - Reloading Shotgun Ammo Video how too

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by jack404, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

2. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

Interesting Jack! thank you for the link. it looks pretty strainght forward too!

Question...I noticed there was no weighing of the powder. is the powder load weighing not a crucial as in reloading for metalic cartages?

Question 2... how is the amount of shot and powder changed for the diffrent loads?
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ok this one uses Bushings for a range of preconfigured loads , you'll cover 95% of loads and you can set it for trap as well , it comes with a chart and a range of bushing

however , if you deviate , use smaller than listed shot, this will make the offset balance ( the powder ) increase.. you can figure it but its best to stick with known loads and again 95% of loads can be done on this machine

its perfect for a new to reloading and can and does do quite a few lifelong reloaders

i would weigh every 2nd-3rd one for a while then back off to 1 in 10

but the way i have it now i know its going to be within 2% of what i set even after a few hundred

i've a mate who only checks each hundred he knows it that well and can see if its off a hair before any test , practice ..

these are not as fast as a progressive anyone telling you that needs a boot , but its not to hard to find folks who have ten's of thousands of rounds through these and still using it as its hard to miss stuff if your attentive unlike on a progressive press where several things happen at once ,

on these i can finger test the primer seating between ops , cant on the progressive ..

and i can walk the initial crimp on this without screwing up the other rounds ( as there aint others on a single)

walking the crimp is that 2 or 3 light taps to get the crimp started right

i timed myself for 2 hours , listened to the radio and worked away , after each hour i stopped and had a smoke outside and counted the done shells and it worked out between 44 and 46 seconds per shell for the two 1 hour sessions or 80 and 83 shells per hour

and i aint fast compared to friends
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

thanks Jack for the info! and 80 a hour is plenty fast enough for me. Heck 50's fast enough! I like to enjoy my "Quiet" time!
  5. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

The Lee Load All II is a great press for the money. The only thing is that you have to buy the primer feeder separate. I love mine.

$80.00 bucks Jack :eek:?!
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'll sell you a primer feed for 80 no worries

yeah , the units about 79 RRP and about 16 for the primer feed unless you get a trade demo pack thats got everything so a person can demo the unit and it comes with a primer feed unit ( the tap and slap we call em here you have to "tap" the feeder to get one down )

be very careful with the primer feed, its easy to break if you treat it too rough and why a lot of folks say they are bad , ( it could be better but imagine the cost if it was steel ) they aint but they do bust if treated rough
  7. fluffie

fluffie New Member

I just got the lee loadall 2 in the mail last week. I havent had a chance to do much withg it yet so no imput from me as far as operation. I nainly got it to stock up on buckshot but thats gotta be loaded by hand from what i understnad. A local sporting goods store is going out of business and last night i actually picked up 1500 wads for about 20 bucks. over all so far im satisfied.