Lee Rifle charging die?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by deadon, Mar 22, 2010.

1. deadon

deadon New Member

I purchased a Lee rifle charging die for a 223, I can't get it adjusted so that the powder drop will line up with the die. I have followed the instructions but it is still ~ 1/8" off from being directly over the die. I have a Lee four hole turret press. The floating piece inside of the die bottoms out on the quick adapter on the powder hopper, limiting the travel to line the drop holes up. Any suggestions??
  2. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've got the Lee charging die and ran into the same problem.Maybe i wasn't doing something right,but i quit trying to use it.Wish now i'd bought the Lyman 55 powder measure.Joe
  3. oldreliable45120

oldreliable45120 New Member

What measure are you using? I use the auto disk with the double disk kit on my turret press and haven't had any problems with it so far, except when using stick powder.It tends to cut groves into the hopper opening,but there a cheep replacement.