Lefaucheux copy?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by dkgva1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. dkgva1

dkgva1 New Member

I have an old revolver that looks very much (identical) to a pin fire Lefaucheux large caliber revolver from the pre-civil war era. However, the only markings on the gun are on thetop of the barrel "trevino y c eibar. It has a serial number of 3223. I am guessing this is a Spanish knock-off but I would appreaciate any info I could have.
  2. sarzak

sarzak New Member

u dont have to guess. eibar is in spain where they made the knock offs. post some pictures!
  3. lefaucheux 54

lefaucheux 54 Member

If you read some french , you can go here and and know some more about Spanish "lefaucheux" revolvers

http://www.lesgrosbarbares.info/lefaucheux/index.php?file=Sections&op=article&artid=35

Spain was the first country after the french army to adopt in 1858 Lefaucheux revolvers. Two factorys made these revolvers "TURBIA" and ORBEA HERMANOS
    on these revolver the were no Lefaucheux markings , but we can suppose that the Spainish army paid some Royalties ....
    Later on Lefaucheux developped a revolver specially for the Spainish army
    LF 54
  4. Win_88

Win_88 New Member

Trevino y c is the company. Having problems finding info on them..

Eibar is a city in the Basque country of Spain. Just like Liege Belgium it was and still is a major gun producer.