LEFEVER 12GA

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by HUBB, Dec 29, 2009.

1. HUBB

HUBB New Member

HI,
    i have this Lefever arms 12ga single shotgun .
    and it has B P and 12 , and patent applied for .stamped on the bottom of the barrel, the end that goes in the receiver and # 13058.
    on the top of barrel it has ... long range feild and trap stamped on it.
    on both sides of receiver it has ... lefever arms co. Ithaca ny and a flying goose.
    i was wondering what the B P means, does it mean black powder or is it just a proof stamp?......thanks ......hubb:)

Attached Files:

2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

That's wierd b/c the long field and trap were two different single shot models. :confused:
    Anyway the single shot were made up until 1949. When Ithaca took over Lefever that was in I believe 1917. Though the LeFever/Ithaca Brand never made any black powder SG themselves there are some damascus barrel versions out there. I can't tell from the pictures that you have if that's what you have there. Current values are 300-100. I'm a little sketchy on the BP. BP on early Lefevers also meant "Belgian proof". The single barrel models didn't come out until Ithaca bought Lefever which was in 1917 which would have been after the transition to nitro powders.