Lefever Nitro Special

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sawmill hank, Jan 28, 2007.

1. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Hello. I am looking for information on the value of a 12 gauge Lefever Nitro Special Double Barrel Shotgun. My gun has a single trigger with a barrel switch.

The gun works excellently and is in fair condition.

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

OK Hank, this one I can answer. :)

Lefever Nitro Special 12 ga. Blue Book value:

95% - $395
    90% - $350
    80% - $300
    70% - $250
    60% - $225

3. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks for the values Xracer. I might be willing to part with it for that, but might be a better gift to my son-in-law. . . . .

It's a handsome piece.

4. Mark

Mark New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I'd look at the trigger a little closer. The nitro special didn't come with one trigger, only double triggers.
    I'll bet one is broken off....
    Mark

5. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Mark--Thanks for catching me out! My old mind is playing tricks on me. I got the guns down today for my son in law to photograph and realized I was thinking of a different double barrel gun when I wrote about the one trigger.

The nitro special has two. It was my uncle's gun and he used it more than I ever have. Photos will follow soon.