Lefever Nitro Special

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sawmill hank, Jan 28, 2007.

1. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Hello. I am looking for information on the value of a 12 gauge Lefever Nitro Special Double Barrel Shotgun. My gun has a single trigger with a barrel switch.

The gun works excellently and is in fair condition.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

OK Hank, this one I can answer. :)

Lefever Nitro Special 12 ga. Blue Book value:

95% - $395
    90% - $350
    80% - $300
    70% - $250
    60% - $225
  3. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Thanks for the values Xracer. I might be willing to part with it for that, but might be a better gift to my son-in-law. . . . .

It's a handsome piece.
  4. Mark

Mark New Member

I'd look at the trigger a little closer. The nitro special didn't come with one trigger, only double triggers.
    I'll bet one is broken off....
    Mark
  5. sawmill hank

sawmill hank New Member

Mark--Thanks for catching me out! My old mind is playing tricks on me. I got the guns down today for my son in law to photograph and realized I was thinking of a different double barrel gun when I wrote about the one trigger.

The nitro special has two. It was my uncle's gun and he used it more than I ever have. Photos will follow soon.