1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Lefever Shotgun HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by sharpshot55, Oct 29, 2009.

1. sharpshot55

sharpshot55 New Member

a long time back i came across a shotgun in an antique shop and bought it because it was cool and only 150 bucks. sat in the back of my closet for years until my son found it. cleaned it up a little and started researching. all i know is that it is a Lefever 12ga side by side and that both the pistol grip and fore-stock are checkered.im guessing its rather old. are these shotguns anything special? they seem rather elaborate but i dont know anything about this thing. any info would be great. thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Lefevers are very special and are worth quite a bit in most circumstances. 150 bucks was a steal. Wana sell it?
    Does it seem to function? Not sure why a shotgun would be at a antique shop unless it was a demilled wall hanger.
  3. muddober

muddober Active Member

sharpshot: What you appear to have is a G grade LeFever and my guess it is worth between $500.00 to $800.00. It also appears to have Damascus barrels and as such it may not have 2 and 3/4 inch chambers making not possible to shoot standard shells. I have shot modern shells in Damascus guns for years, however it is a practice frowned on by many but the chambers were opend up in order to do it.

I hope I was of some help to you.

Ron
  4. sharpshot55

sharpshot55 New Member

thanks for all the help. i am not really interested in selling it at this time.