Lefevre 16 ga double brl

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bjblackstock, Dec 28, 2006.

1. bjblackstock

bjblackstock New Member

I have a Lefevre 16 ga double Nitro Special with ser # 250119, made by Lefever Firearms Co. Ithica, Ny inscribed on the barrel. Does anyone know if this serial # was made by Lefevre or by Ithica after they took over ? The gun is in very good condition with fading blueing on the barrel, but the stock is in excellant shape.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi bjblackstock......welcome to TFF. :)

Ithaca took over the manufacture of the Lefever in about 1917 and made them until 1948.

The "Nitro Special" was made from 1921 until 1948.....so, yes, your gun was made by Ithaca.

Lefevers with the Ithaca, NY address were made by Ithaca. Earlier guns, actually made by the Lefever Arms Co., would have a Syracuse, NY address.

Blue Book value of a 16 ga. Nitro Special:

95% - $575
    90% - $475
    80% - $400
    70% - $350
  3. bjblackstock

bjblackstock New Member

Thanks Xracer,
    This is very usefull information even though I have no plans on selling the gun right. I'm in the process of trying to put a price on all of my guns for insurance purposes. Thanks again !