Left VS Right

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I heard a brief thing on the news the other day and found the site that was quoted.

George Carlins seven words you can't use on TV but can use on the web was the base line of this study.

It was found that those on the left use those words at an amazing rate of 41-to-1 compaired to the 'right' leaning sites:eek: Holy shhhhhhoot!

Suprised? I was:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://newsbuckit.blogspot.com/2007/02/seven-words-you-can-never-say-on.html
  2. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Not surprised at all.

Some pundits (like O'Reilly) have been making hay about the mainstream media's coverage of some Chirstian mega-church pastor who was caught in a homosexual relationship, yet not covering an ACLU leader getting caught making child pronography.

While the pundits are claiming media bias (which is the usual suspect for a good reason), I think it's more about expected behavior. People on the right set standards for behavior and morality, and sometimes don't meet those standards because people on the right are still people. People on the left not only don't set such standards, they abhor them, opting instead for moral relativity and freedom from consequences. Well, not that's quite accurate. To put it more accurately, people on the left set standards for some people (usually people they don't like) but never for themselves.

So for leftist pundits to use Carlin's infamous Seven Words with abandon doesn't surprise me at all. If they had their way, they'd have those words in Disney movies and in grade-school textbooks.

As a postscript, I read Michelle Malkin's site every day. I'd say that 90+% of the time those words appear on her site, it's when she's quoting someone else. In fact, I'd bet her recent coverage of John Edward's anti-Christian blogger probably bumped her up quite a bit.
  3. durk

durk New Member

The left must be so proud. Maybe they got those potty mouthes from listening to Hillary speak??:eek: ;)
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I remember both LBJ & Tricky Dick had reputations for foul talk. It's even grosser, hearing that stuff out of a woman's mouth.
  5. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

That dad gum free speech thing again , gol durn it, shoot! When will it ever end, by crackee?
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

7. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

QUOTE;
    Sixth Commandment: You shall not kill
    On the surface, this sounds reasonable enough to liberals, but they can’t stand the context: just one chapter later in the same book of the Bible (Exodus, 21:12),God and Moses give orders to break their own rule: “One who strikes a man, so that he dies, shall surely be put to death.” The next verses stipulate capital punishment for a wide variety of causes (like “cursing your father and mother”) so the no-kill commandment really begins to sound like no-murder. In other words, the Bible makes a clear distinction that liberals emphatically deny. The left loves slogans that declare that that execution is murder, war is murder, meat is murder, and so forth, but the God of Exodus who emphatically bans murder also specifically authorizes execution, war and meat.

Maybe we shouldn't have the 10 Commandments hangin' in the courthouse until we're ready to take them seriously. I mean, when's the last time anyone got the chair for cursing their parents ????
  8. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Remember, "free speech" doesn't mean "we have to listen to it".

Also, as most children were taught (at least, apparently, the right-wing ones), cussin' is what people resort to when they don't have anything genuine or worthwhile to say.
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

This is what I was refering to Huck, not murder vs killing.
    Its more about free speech to libs than the morals that most consevatives lean toward.