Legal Question: Home Invasion

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Juker, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Juker

Juker New Member

If someone drives down my street, and their "boots in the dryer" stereo is so loud that it rattles the windows of my house, can I make a good case for home invasion, and take the appropriate action?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

disturbing the peace is hardly home invasion unless they drive though your family room. Juker Im sure this is a rhetorical question:D
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Back in the 50's, before AC, there was this young man who used to ride up & down our street with loud pipes on his car. With no AC the windows were down. My dad stood out by the side walk and waited on him one day, with water hose in hand. Sure enough, here he comes, rackin' em off! Dad hosed him down real good! I will never forget the expression on that guy's face! I don't think he ever came back down our street again.
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

Yeah, it's rhetorical, just venting and preaching to the choir. They don't live on my street, but they pass through here and it... well, it aggravates me. :rolleyes:
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

BB's or sling shot... They will swear to their homies that their system was so loud that it broke glass.

Crpdeth
  6. Juker

Juker New Member

PRICELESS!
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

YES.
  8. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Boy we all know what we would like to do about this, but we all know we can't.

Years ago, when I lived in an apartment, long before I was married, a group of teens set up a boom box out on the side walk right infront of my apartment. I put up with it for sometime, and finaly went out and asked them to leave, or at least turn it down. They were all smart mouthed, and told me where to go. I asked again, and I got the same response.

I then bent down and grabed their boom box, and threw it on the side walk as hard as I could. It busted in a million pieces. Right as I did this a cop came around the corner behind the teens (Someone must have called them). The kid that owned it said "I'm calling the cops, your going to pay for that!" I said well their's a cop right behind you, lets see what he says. They all ran out of their like their pants were on fire. The cop just laughed.
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

I commend you on your proactive stance!
  10. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Try flagging them down and just ask. Be first trying to be neighborly, you justify calling the cops afterward.
    I had a similar problem, and after asking firmly, I got results. I admit I was surprised, he looked like a 'hood', but was just not thinking and said so.
    Maybe there is hope for that younger generation?
  11. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

Our problem is the cherry bomb mufflers. I Tried to get a set of spike strips off of the sheriffs department, but they were not able to help. Some of these exaust systems are so loud you can not even talk to some one when they go buy.

I am a red neck but these guys are as annoying as heck, I would think you would get a head ache driving the vehicle. They should paint "I am a dumb&^%" on the doors of the truck.

and if any of you are stupid and annoying enough to have an exaust like this, just stop by and I will tell you what I really think.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    "Loud pipes saves lives". No they don't! I've witnessed a lot of bikers with loud pipes die!
  13. Juker

Juker New Member

Maybe it's just a desperate need for attention. Maybe those with loud stereos and exhausts feel their existence is so petty that they're willing to sacrific their hearing (and the civil rights of others) just to be noticed.

Or maybe I'm just gettin' old. I swear, those young people these days ... :rolleyes:
  14. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    So you are saying mega-watts and uber high DB numbers make up for a lack of genitalia. In that case it's a good thing they took up audio hobbies instead of shooting or they would all be staggering under the weight of 4 bore guns with 48" barrels. Much easier to just turn on the amplifier and crank it up.

Cure: #2 shot in the trunk with a 10 gauge
    Official story to the authorities: I was cleaning my gun and it accidentally went off.

Best possible outcome: Judge, Bailiff, stenographer, arresting officers trying to not laugh themselves sick as I was sternly admonished to be more careful in the future.

Reward: Case of 3" #2 shot shells on my front doorstep courtesy of grateful neighbors.

Its my story and I'm sticking to it.
  15. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

IT helps to be old. faked senility is a good defense.
  16. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

What do you mean faked. :rolleyes:
  17. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I actually remember saying I would never be like that when I got old. Yea right.
  18. deen_ad

deen_ad New Member

My boss and his wife are "one" of those. None of his three Harley's has mufflers.

I even asked him how many people are killed every year by trains because people couldn't hear them coming in time to get off the tracks even with the horn sounding and the brakes locked up. He still didn't get it and he has a Masters in metallurgy and should be able to figure it out! :confused:
  19. the yooper

the yooper New Member

i feel your pain. we were all young once. that dont make it right. but the young kids now days dont get into half the trouble we did. i got told when i was 17 if i went by this guys house at 100 plus again he wonderd if i could out run a 12 guage with #2 shot.... end of prob:eek:
  20. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Pipes on bikes are another thing. Reasonable bikers will not open it up in neighborhood. I agree with most all the posts here but the problem "now-a-days" is these punks will increase the activity just to pizz you off more or worse come back in wee hours of morning and do damage to your home etc and it is just not worth it. Different thing if they do not know where you live but otherwise it is much less aggravating to try to ignore it. Just my two pennies.