Legalization of marijuana

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by robman2629, Nov 7, 2012.

1. sewerman

sewerman New Member

no federal authority is allowed to arrest or even enter any county of any state UNLESS the sheriff allows the feds into his county.
    the sheriff is the most powerful law officer in the country IN his county.
    no federal power can trump him legally.....
    that is why the fed is trying to under mine the power of the sheriff by moving toward nullification of the county sheriffs thru out the union of states.
    if this occurs we WILL be living in an iron clad regime!
    so unless the county sheriff's of corlorado, washington state or massachsetts allow the feds into their counties then the feds are powerless.

then again, most sheriffs are ignorant of their real duties and constitutional powers. they are minor politicians running a cop shop looking for the next election...so,.... the chance to cave in to the fed is very real.

s.m.
  2. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Source for this claim? I hear it quite a bit, but nobody has been able to show where it comes from.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

So what do you do now with all the people who have been locked up with pot related charges? Do you let them go? What a delema?
  4. Sofia

Sofia New Member

Yes, it's a very good idea to legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes. But since it is now legal to use marijuana for medicinal purposes, we cannot question a person if he has possession of marijuana for he may reason out that he's using it as medicine.

I think this is better, at least the government will provide jobs to people. :D

Legal pot not jackpot for potheads
  5. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I prob'ly won't win any popularity contests with this, but here goes.

I keep hearing about how MJ is not as addictive as booze or cigarettes.
    Yet people get arrested, fined, jailed for JM use, get out, and SMOKE IT AGAIN.
    Over and over.

We hired a guy at work in the Drafting dept.
    He was a GOOD drafter.
    During his second week, the boss called him in to his office and informed him that he had failed the urine drug test which all new employees took.
    The following conversation ensued:
    Boss: "We know that some medications can effect this test, so we won't let you go immediately. We have re-scheduled the test for three weeks from now, the XX of XX, and you need to pass that one to remain employed here."
    Drafter: "Thank you, OK."
    Boss: "Do you understand what I am telling you? You have to pass this drug test in three weeks, the XX of XX?"
    Drafter: "I understand. Thank you."

In three weeks, on the date scheduled, he took the test again.
    He failed it again.

Guys, this does NOT sound like something non-addictive. This sounds like something that once you are hooked on it, you will risk fines, jail time, unemployment, ANYTHING, just to keep using.
  6. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Ya just cant fix stupid.
  7. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

How do you keep it out of the hands of the kids if it's easily available. Do you think teenagers will respect the laws? Kids think they are invincible. My wife is a teacher, she has had kids under the age of 12 show up at school with bags of pot; would you want your child experiencing this sort of thing at school. The easier, more socially acceptable drugs become, the more problems will occur. It's a stepping stone to acid, then coke, then heroin for many people. Do we want as a society more people negatively impacted by drug usage? Coming from one who went down that road for a couple years early in my life, grew up, never did it again, but Hep C will kill me someday down the road over it all. I'm not saying throw all pot heads in jail, just to think about the repercussions. When it affects you personally, you see some things differently.
  8. red14

red14 Active Member

I will not say that mariquana is all good and perfect (it should be treated just like alcohol if legalized), but it fails to compare to the evils of booze and cigs.

Medically speaking, can anyone here tell me that Alcohol and/or Cigarettes are better for human consumption, than MJ?

Can you die of an overdose on MJ, like you can on booze?

Does MJ give you Cancer at a higher rate than Tobacco?

Police officers, who would you rather arrest? A mean drunk or angry pothead.

Compare how many people (millions) die every year from alcohol abuse, tobacco abuse, and pot abuse.

I am not giving any numbers, look up the facts, then come back to this thread and say which is worse.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  9. robman2629

robman2629 New Member

Great points. Completely agree. We have passed the use of medical MJ and just today there was some talk of legalizing it for other uses. These people never stop coming up with the next best thing to pick a battle over.
  10. 01brian

01brian New Member

There was a lot that happened to bring this to Colorado. They voted ok on medical, then ran the dispensories out of town in another vote. Its a mess over here. DA said they will no longer prosecute possession if they are 21. No one knows how to regulate it...work places struggling..tons of infighting...should be an interesting year.
  11. gman51

gman51 New Member

Mary jane will not be legalized because within six months no one would be buying it as all that wanted it would have plants growing. The only thing I see stopping the growing is the 1 OZ. possession limit. No doubt they thought that limit out pretty good or maybe I am giving them to much credit here. Just like brewing your own booze is limited. This limiting put in place to keep sales competition down for producers. One plant I imagine would supply a person a long long time for free.
    Face it more money is made by keeping it illegal and that is why it will stay illegal.
    As far as potheads causing more wrecks I really doubt that. Most wrecks would probably be from getting rear ended for going to slow. Speeding is usually not associated with pot use. Booze IMO is so much more dangerous than weed.

Anyone seen the movie"Refer Madness", made in the 30's I believe, to try to imply the use of weed as being so dangerous. No I don't advocate drug use but the perscription drugs people use are far more dangerous than weed IMO.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  12. gman51

gman51 New Member

In the old days ether was administered by licensed anesthetic doctors for operations because ether is so dangerous. Guess what the difference is between ether and alcohol. Alcohol has water in it and ether does not. When you hear of alcohol poisoning that really is the brain and body parts were anesthetized to point of death. That is a fact parents should be aware of rather than only worry their kids are smoking pot.
    The thought I want to make is that marijuana is not even near as dangerous as alcohol but alcohol is legal. But the propaganda machine wants you to believe otherwise. The machine is focused on people that have never tried marijuana because those that have know the manuer the machine is speading.
  13. 01brian

01brian New Member

uhhhh....its been legalized here for quite for some time..people just getting mj cards from doctors for the past few years...
  14. al45lc

al45lc New Member

I for one NEVER said it wasn't addictive, sugar is addictive too, ya'know?
    I said it is NOT AS BAD for you as cigarettes or booze, I personally think all smoking is bad for you.
    That last statement is an assumption, and may I point out the amount of time for a human body to rid itself of the effects of smoking cigarettes?
    The ONLY reason for the test is because it was made illegal, once legal, it won't matter.
    The number of fines for smoking in a public place is high in many downtown areas that don't allow it. Same thing, same problem.
  15. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

legal (sort of) here in WA now also. personally, I'm glad to see it pass as I hope the feds will stay out long enough to free up law enforcement to go after more hard core crime than someone smoking dope and falling asleep on their couch.

people who smoke weed don't go out on killing sprees or do crazy nonsense. And the fact is, weed is easier to get than even alcohol by minors (or anyone for that matter), so legal or not, people are gonna do it. (that doesn't make it right, but I'd rather see LEO's go after all the meth heads and violent criminals first).

It's going to be a growing pain ( no pun intended) here with plenty of speed bumps along the way.

my big issue is how do you test if someone is driving high on weed?

the 'Evergreen state' has a new meaning now...