Lend Leese trainer rifle info.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RimfireRat, Sep 25, 2006.

1. RimfireRat

RimfireRat New Member

Hi guys, i'm a noobe on here been hanging around RFC and just found TFF.Got a question on a Mossberg 42MB Has the Brit proof marks ,and a different site than my other one,also the US PROPERTY & ser # aren't on the reciever they are just fore of the mossberg markings on the bbl. Also it is marked UNITED STATES PROPERTY not just US. It has a web sling full width brass rivited together so not to get lost, a #4 peep, And it also has a dust cover on the bolt? I didn't go over the $300.00 mark but for awhile I wasn't sure. Check it out what do you think. some minor freckles ,but most of the blue is good, the stock for a trainer lend lease gun i think is remarkably intact. It has paint marks ,just like it was poked with a brush on the butt and fore parts of the stock on the left side my guess is for ID purposes in the arsenal as to calibre or models. The 4 digit ser # would put it in the first contract. My question is I'm trying to find out if the ID paint markings were Britt. marks for armory ID or what. Everyone thinks i'm on the correct track .but no one has a definate answer. [​IMG] [​IMG] Anyone? Regards,--Jim-- (JMJ) --- Jim the Mossberg Junkie--
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

RFR. maybe this would be better in "Ask the Experts," so maybe we'll get a Mod to move it. Here in History we are not NECESSARILY experts on all the weapons, just MOST of them!:p Outside of the fact I DID own a Mossberg trainer years ago, I know next to nothing about them, and they aren't listed in any of my books....at least in any detail you need....

'The Experts" would actually expose this to a lot more of the all-around collectors and dealers that could give a better answer...

And there are a lot of rimfire experts on here too, that might not hang out too much in "History...."

And oh yeah, WELCOME.
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I'll move it for you.

Welcome to TFF, RimfireRat!
  4. RimfireRat

RimfireRat New Member

Thanks,--Jim--
  5. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

6. RimfireRat

RimfireRat New Member

7. RimfireRat

RimfireRat New Member

:D Finally found an answer at the GunBoards forum .i had this posted everywhere,For those who wanted to know.....................................

Posted - 10/14/2006 : 11:21:29 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would not remove the paint as it is part of the history of the rifle. The daubs are sentencing marks indicating that it was examined and found wanting for something but it was good enough to store pending repair. It could be as simple as a missing sight or it does not have the latest upgrade. The Mossbergs were factory rebuilt in 1948 and fitted with Parker Hale rear sights. Yours may have been scheduled for the upgrade and was surplused out before it could be done.