1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

length of case good overall length of compleated bullet 10 thousand over

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by billr, Apr 9, 2005.

1. billr

billr New Member

I have 500 rounds that are 10 -1000 over length , is this a major problem?
    case is with in recomended length--bolt action 6MM
    Thanks
    Bill
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

If you are calculating the length of overall cartridge using the length given in a reloading manual, they might be too long for reliable feeding in a semi-automatic, but just fine for a revolver. If they feed reliably, and the bullet has enough bearing surface in the case to resist backing out under recoil, then they probably are alright. If you are not running a compressed powder load, run them back through the seater to drop the length to your specifications, if you wish. Rhe only reason I say "might" and "probably" is because I don't know what cartridge or weapon you are discussing.

Note: the #13 Speer manual doesn't even list maximum OAL for cartridges. Only for the cases.

Pops
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

On a bolt rifle which headspaces of the cartridge shoulder.....if the rounds feed reliably, .010 overlength shouldn't be a problem.