LEO says tried to turn on flashlight, shot suspect

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Blackhawk Dave, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

2. shorter260513

shorter260513 New Member

mabe andy should make him keep his bullet in his pocket
    just another idiot with a badge that doesnt deserve it wonder if he has ever heard of a mini mag flashlight then he wouldnt have to use his gun
  3. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

I don't know whats worse. That a LEO would come up with this "Story", or that he could actually get a jury to believe it.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

This story reminds me of a video that was circulating a while back of the cop that was the firearms trainer. He was at a college I think and he had a room full of students. His helper handed him a 40 cal glock and he explained to the class that he was the only one qualified to handle that firearm. About 2 seconds later he pulled the trigger and shot himself in the leg. At least he paid the price himself and didnt inflict it on anyone else. Where is Andy when we need him....
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Here you go, I've watced it a hundred times myself. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1_EoRZOVes

Crpdeth
  6. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

LOL, I do have to admit that if the injuries were more serious that I wouldn't think it was so funny, but that's good stuff, Cyclone. :D

I've always particularly liked the one Double D mentioned just because the guy was being so arrogant and presumptuous in his little lecture.

Crpdeth
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yea, he is the only one professional enough to carry that gun.
  9. jim brady

jim brady Active Member

I've always wondered about all these bells and whistles that folks add on to the basic firearm. Some are probably great ideas, but when you have a flashlight attached to a gun, and you need to point the gun at somebody to use the flashlight........does anybody see what is wrong with this picture?

Get this: Your little darling or bouncing baby boy (now 17 years old) is out on a late date. The house is dark, and you hear a noise inside the house by the door. You get up to investigate with your flashlight. It's the one on a rail on your favorite home defense gun. You gonna point your thunderstick at Johnny or Suzie with a round in the chamber and risk blowing them up?

Maybe a maglight in one hand and your pistol in the other is a safer idea. Besdes, if it turns out to be a bad guy, I don't want MY light from the center of MY mass giving an intruder a center-of-mass target. Old cop trick - hold the light off to one side or the other high or low.
  10. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I'm with you. Not a LEO but this seems like common sense 101.
  11. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Why don't they have military veterans teach the training classes?
  12. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That would be common sense. In cases like this, common sense will not be tolerated.
  13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Geeez, this defense is even less credible than the cop who thought he drew his taser and shot the guy in the back.