1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

LEO's past & present question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Apr 1, 2007.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Help me understand why this is please?

It is one o'clock in the morning your an honest law abiding citizen of your state the bed room window is suddenly shattered and a black clad figure is running at you yelling something not sure what, you aren't awake yet.
    How would you react?

Why don't the POLICE wear a uniform anymore?
    If that took place in my home I fear more then one would be shot

Our local deputies will tell you that at my house they will not get in unless I see them in the light and in uniform.
    There was a rash of older folks they where beat and robbed when they opened the door to "Knock Knock Sheriff Dept open the door"
    If I don't see the car or him in uniform then it isn't coming in.
    The plain clothes officer better be willing to show two forums of ID or have a uniform with them if they want to come in my house just to pee.
    Am I a prick or am I being smart? I can't say but I am who I am and that is how I feel.
    I sure wish that some LEO's would speak up on how they feel and why.

I have been known to pull up and ask a LEO “everything OK “ when I see one all alone this far out in the country but I just don’t get the all black head to toe outfits I see. And why are they covering their face with a mask. When I was a LEO we dressed like a cop
  2. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I agree with you, better safe than sorry. However, if it turns out to be a cop instead of a robber, and you kill him, well...
    My grandfather likes to tell a story about a friend of his with a lever action .444 magnum. This guy lived in an apartment next to some criminals. Well, one day he heres a bunch of noise coming up the apt. buildings stairs. He loads his rifle and sets himself up behind some cover. Then he heres banging on his door and someone yelling police, weve got a warrent, open up!!! The guy yells back, you want next door, there the criminals. The people yell back, open up or were coming in we've got a warrent! He yells back ,no!!!, I told you their next door. They then break down the door and come rushing in. The guy fires and blows open a officers chest, sends him back through his fellow officers and over the third story railing. Thus killing a cop over a small mistake. the guy got off because the warrent was wrong but still, he killed a cop, and forever damaged the cops family and friends.
    So just be sure when you open fire...Thats all im saying.
  3. johnston3407

johnston3407 New Member

Old school! Good for you Ron. I just hope I'm that smart when I get old.
  4. obxned

obxned New Member

BGs posing as cops occur from time to time. If they come to my house they better do it in the daylight and bring a marked car or two. Uniforms ARE required, as are all the proper papers.
  5. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Kind of goes with the post I made about ninja suited police officers doesn't it. I don't want to have to shot anyone here in the real world,well heck not any place either,but I have a problem with guys breaking down my door wearing ninja suits. Oh by the way, I am ex law enforcement. catfish
  6. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Is it just me, or do all these black-suited police officers remind you of the Geheime Staatspolizei and the Schutzstaffel?

I don't think our LEOs need to dress up in ninja garb or paramilitary garb. The whole "SWAT" concept has gotten out of hand.
  7. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Here's the view from Fife central, Barneyville that is. If your wife didn't pass it along that I would be out to "inspect" your new bass boat and Arkansas short lure suppy; only beer will prevent my intrusion into you living room with a warrant for late night partying and grilling of any evidence shot on the way to your house. At least that's how we used to run it before I moved to the big city. They have taught the police to be belligerent donkeys in the citys and the outlying areas. Ever sense the Clintonian era police have gotten steadily worse about privacy and accuracy of enforcement. You really need to lay back a bit; allow a little extra on the speed gun, accept the steak you are offered and love your fellow man until he provokes you to beat the tar out of him.

If Mr. Swat member can't knock at the door and wake me up out of my recliner induced slumber; I hope St. Peter has a spot for him.
  8. Yup, John, and if we're not careful, they'll one day be reminding us of the Sicherheitsdienst. :mad:
  9. 358 winchester

Sicherheitsdienst. Can a dumb old country boy get that in English please
  10. No problem, Ron. The Sicherheitsdienst was the intelligence branch of the German SS (Schutzstaffel) and was headed by Reinhard Heydrich, and after his assassination, by Heinrich Himmler. The SD (as it was called) was mainly responsible for obtaining secret information concerning the actual and potential enemies of the Nazi leadership so that appropriate action could be taken to destroy or neutralize opposition. It was also, for example, the SD that identified and rounded up the Jews in Russia for deportation to the Nazi death camps after Hitler's invasion of Russia in 1941. At the war crimes trials in Nuremburg after the war, the SD was declared (correctly so!) a criminal organization and its members subject to prosecution.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  11. 358 winchester

but how do you say it ?
  12. Hmmm, it's German (obviously!) so using English pronunciation rules doesn't work very well. Let me see if I can spell it out phonetically. In German, it is pronounced as if it were spelled in English . . .

Zisher-heights-deenst.

Note that an "S" coming at the beginning of a word in German is pronounced like the English "Z." The vowel combination "ei" is usually pronounced like the English long "i," as in the word "bite." Conversely, the vowel combination "ie" in German is usually pronounced like the English long "e," as in the word "deep." Hope this helps a little. :)
  13. 358 winchester

:D :D I am fromthe south :D we talk different ;) but that is a first for me to get some one to try and say a word on line
    Thanks
    Ron