lessons from Katrina thread

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, Jul 6, 2012.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

2. cycloneman

3. cycloneman

4. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Typical of a 3rd world state and city.
  5. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Member

I would love to read an honest appraisal about what happened in that area of the country immediately following the storm in reference to the murders, rapes, robberies, looting, etc. Unfortunately, it would be too politically incorrect to publish.
  6. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

CM,

At risk of starting a huge fight, please document your allegations. I was very involved in the Katrina affair and never once saw any evidence of possibility, let alone proof of the "sniper" canard. Spoke with a number of people I know/trust who were there in the time frame and not one could confirm the activity.

Seems to me more of the "Super Dome" BS ! >MW
  7. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Yeah, they confiscated some guns but not for long. I pulled sea/rail containers out of there before and after katrina. The National Guard was used for a police force. Our yard was in the ninth ward and there were signs all over the place saying you loot we shoot. Them ol boys weren't playing.
  8. cycloneman

9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I can confirm blackwater , when i came over to blow the old loading docks away at sea bottom level , blackwater delivered the RDX packs we used to cut the steel beams that had been driven into the bed , them docks where 2 miles long , 4 beams every 30 foot , lots of charges i did not arrive until 5 days after so missed all the real bad stuff then was busy 12 hours a day diving and setting charges or cutting away the concrete casings on the steel .. and we'd blow at the end of each 12 hours and play cards for 2 hours while doing deco

RDX is way better than C4 or other composites in water especially at the 60-90 foot depth a lot of it was , the weight of water helps it to work better, use less charge to cut the same thickness the deeper you go

jacks explosive trivia for the day
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I was in, and out, with the heavy equipment needed to rebuild, as soon as we could get it in there. What makes me the maddest over all this is that the then Governer of LA gave orders to the NG to shoot looters on sight! And to take firearms from law abiding citizens, and the NG did just that! For those of you who wonder if our military would violate the Constitution, and follow illegal orders against the American Public, well, there is your answer! And it's not the first time either!
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  11. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

What was there justification for this? I could see this happen in Chicago but the deep south. Looks to me as if they were just steeling the guns from the people. Did they ever get their guns back?

This is not the country I grew up in. Looks like its time to take it back.

:mad::mad::mad:
  12. cycloneman

Bravo! That is the biggest lesson here.

Dont get me wrong i know there was total anarchy in areas that needed to be taken under control. But the fact is the American public does not know what was used and how it was done. There is also very little documented about this.