The Firearms Forum banner

Let's see if AK ammo goes the way of 22LR

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  gvw3 
#1 ·
Ok reading today of a impending 7.62 ammo shortage because of the issue with Russia . Let's see if this goes the way of 22LR . I'm going out on a limb here and say YES ! The Gougers will jump ship to the big bore 7.62 !

This goes for the big box stores, and the LGS ! :rolleyes: the reason is Greed and profit , and I'm not talking about a marginal profit .Then there are the speculators ......AND HERE WE GO....AGAIN .

Keep a eye open and let's see what happens .....

#4 ·
I hope this doesn't happen. I got out of 7.62x39 over 4 years ago, but I still hate to see that happen to anyone.

That said, I doubt Russia shuts down exports to the US. We are easily the largest buyer of the stuff, and that volume won't be made up by anyone else. Cutting us off would only spite themselves where it hurts the worst--in the wallet.

#5 ·
I'm not worried about Russia shuting down imports on ammo, I'm worried about Obozo stoping all imports form Russia. Putin thumbed his nose at Obozo the other day, so Obozo might be looking to get back at him!

#7 ·
let's not start a panic for no good reason yet, m'kay? Why do their dirty work for them?

#9 ·
Remember what happened to the M1's that South Korea was going to send back to the U.S.?

#14 ·
gee.. i started a thread on this a couple days ago and got accused of being a tin foil hat wearing moron.

go figure....
Hey I resemble that remark :eek: But really I visited my local walmart yesterday

And today just about all but the higher priced 7.62 was gone, most of all the Tula brand in various calibers Gone .....:eek:

So we will see. And NO I don't use the 7.62 platform ....It was not me . Plenty of 223/556 and I'm guilty , I bought two 20 round boxes :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.