Let's see if I've got this right

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Jan 19, 2010.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Haitians who have been living here illegally are going to be allowed to stay temporarily. This will only apply to those who were here prior to the earthquake, not refugees from the earthquake.

As you all know from my previous posts I'm all for humanitarian aid to Haiti during this emergency. But what is the point of this ruling covering illegal aliens. Some of them have been here for years already. Obviously DNS has been in no hurry to round them all up and deport them.

The fact that no one coming here after the earthquake is included belies the fact that this is some grand humanitarian gesture. Could it be that this is just a way for a government agency to simply decriminalize those who have flagrantly violated U.S. immigration laws in the past? Seems like it to me.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

So true but also they have no way of getting them back even if they did catch them. The ports are gone and the airport is packed full of aid aircraft. I guess we could fly over, give each one parachutes and make them jump.:rolleyes:
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I would force their hides back into the sea at gun point and tell them to go home the same whay they got here.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Probably the same reasons that the Democrats wanted to give the illegal Mexicans drivers' licenses. To grab votes. His ratings are falling - so he lets in people who he knows will vote for him to make up for it. And his "excuse" to cover it up is that they are supposedly doing a good thing by pardoning people that have broken US immigration laws.

I mean we've let in refugees before. Like the southeast Asian people that came here in the years following the end of the Vietnam War. My family could technically have been "refugees." We immigrated here in the 1930s from Sicily and Greece when all the dictators were taking over in Europe. But I don't see a logical reason that we should pardon people that were already here illegally before the earthquake.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  5. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Their fast tracking thru up here if they have family in the country.
  6. williamd

williamd New Member

You get my vote!!!