Lets see your Mil-Sup

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by 22WRF, Mar 17, 2005.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Start with mine. For having a C&R it's not much.

Attached Files:

2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Well I don't have a picture of all of my milsurps together in one picture. And I'm too darn lazy to drag them all out for a group photo. But here's about half of them.

Attached Files:

• cr1.jpg
      cr1.jpg
      File size:
      76.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Mighty nice lookin' weapons there folks!

:) :)
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Here's mine:

Attached Files:

5. oldobie

oldobie New Member

CMP Danish M1, Rebuilt with new CMP stock and reparked.
    [​IMG]
  6. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

[​IMG]
    Matching, non-import, never rebuilt Tula from 1916.

[​IMG]
    Note: Bayonet and bayonet holder for the above M91.
  7. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

[​IMG]

Iranian 8mm. According to the factory test target it was made in 1934.
  8. Highpower3006

Highpower3006 Member

1903 Springfields
    [​IMG]

US Model 1917 Winchester
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Winchester 1897 Trench Gun
    [​IMG]

1884 Springfield
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Savage 720 ca1942 US property marked
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Underwood M1 carbine
    [​IMG]

Swedish M96 FSR rifle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. John S Bryant

John S Bryant New Member

My Yugo Predu. 44 marked 98. 8mm. Had seller install german type high turret scope mount. Installed original Zrak scope. Ex. all around condition.
    Shoots well also. Israeli diamond pattern sling.

Attached Files:

10. Slowhand

Slowhand Member

[​IMG]

I’ve got 3 Old Military Style Rifles in my collection.

[​IMG]

Last summer, I bought an Arisaka Type 38, manufactured in 1905. The Mum is missing but it’s in great shape.

Later on in the Summer I bought two Mosin Nagants 7,62x54 M91/30s. I had loads of fun cleaning the Cosmoline off. One was made in Tulia Arsenal in 1938 and the other in 1939.

[​IMG]

Last month I was making the rounds and picked up an Argentine Mauser Model 1891; from bolt face to muzzle it’s now 21 inches. The stock is now 31 inches, with the barrel bands, top hand guard and wire long gone. She was manufactured in 1894. She looks like one of those classic “Sporterized” that Montgomery Ward was selling back in the days you could mail order one.

The bolt has been bent. The front sight and base have been changed out. The front nose cap is still there but the cleaning rod is gone. It’s chambered for a 7.65 x 53 rimless cartridge, a nitro or smokeless round, known as the 7.65 Argentine. It’s a close cousin of the .308 Winchester, and .303 English or 7.62x51 NATO round.

The Argentine Crest is gone, having been removed. Sitting on top of that blemished spot is a Weaver detachable scope mount, with a 10” inch steel scope, with a cross hair and tapered post.

With a muzzle velocity of 2,900 fps, I further disassembled the rifle to see if there are any bulges in the chamber, and check the head spacing. Old gun metal doesn’t soften up it can get brittle.

Someone had a lot of work done on this one and despite her 119 years on the planet. She’s in great shape. I picked up 3 boxes of Graf & Sons ammunition for a hefty price. It used to be $6.50 per box of 20 rds. It was 7.65 Argentine 150 gr SP. She got a range trip last week along with 1939 Mosin Nagant.

I found the Mauser designs that were incorporated into each of the two later models interesting. When Mauser starting his production of the Model 1891s South America was a busy country with all kinds of wars raging.

His next customers were the Turks and Spanish as the world passed through the Russo-Turkish War 1877-78 and the Spanish Civil War 1936 along with other wars fought between empires that no longer exist. All this led up to WWI and WWII. The development of bolt action rifles with magazines that could be loaded with clips. Then along came semi-automatic and real assault rifles that changed everything.
  11. Slowhand

Slowhand Member

[​IMG]

A friend and I were out making the rounds one afternoon and getting lunch. I walked into a local gun shop. The fellow's who worked there exclaimed “Man have we got something for you!”. He walks around to the back and comes out with... A Japanese WWII Nambu, Type 94, 8 mm pistol. It was in great shape. It was designed by a fellow named Kijiro Nambu. Who back engineered it off a German Luger.

I recognized the first Kanji marks as being from an armory in Japan. Having owned an Arisaka Rifle. It uses a numbering system that shows the year and month of the Sho or Showa Empire, which was Emperor Hirohito's reign. It's a Type 94, which means it was adopted in the year 2594 by the Japanese Calendar.

The 12 - 11 stamp says that it was produced in November 1937. There is a final inspection mark, followed by the mark of the Nagoya Arsenal and the Company Logo of Chuo Kogyo, who inherited the company after Nambu died. That's on the right side.

[​IMG]

On this picture the three marks next to the screw are simply the model designations. They read Kyu-yon-shiki or Type 34. Next to the safety lever are markings for "Safe" and "Fire"

These little jewels are ill reputed. If you have a round in the chamber and press the exposed trigger bar on the left hand side of the receiver, unless the safety is on, the weapon will fire. Later on as WWII progressed and materials became scarce, product quality dropped. But the Japanese military carried them throughout the war.

They only produced 72,000 of these weapons from 1934 to 1945. They are hard to find especially with matching numbers on the frame and the magazine. Mine was a spare magazine.

This one will probably not get a range trip. I'd been keeping my eye out for one for years but they were way over priced at the local gun shows and I've never seen one in a local shop.
  12. John S Bryant

John S Bryant New Member

my made up 1903A4. cheeper than an original but shoots just as good. Lyman all weather Alaskan scope. Redfield scope base. C stock.

Attached Files:

• 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      106.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  13. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

Y'all are blessed! What a collection!
  14. bullpupsks

bullpupsks Member

Does it have to be in their original configuration?
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    All I got is one SKS, but it ain't stock. And an AK.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013