Let's Take a vote

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by whymememe, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Flag up 24/7 and light is never off. It only comes down to be replaced with a clean un-tattered flag. I posted the rules for displaying a flag, saluting a flag and how to dispose of a flag on my home site. Want to see an old guy go ballistic? Just use the flag as a piece of clothing around me or let it touch the ground and I will show you crazy+.
  2. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Same here Grump, thanks for responding, this adds another 1/2% to the total.
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

does a smaller flag on my mailbox count?

my grandpa actually had a real flag that the navy gave him.
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Being the Executor to my Fathers Estate, I decided that his Burial Flag would be passed down to the eldest son in the family in perpetuity.

That flag does NOT fly.

Is that ill of me?
  5. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

What color is the flag on your maibox is it red or is it like a small flag? We would probably have to get a concensus on that anyway. That's way above my pay grade.
  6. johnnyehlers

johnnyehlers Member

I wish I'd found this yesterday. I live in a small town of about 1000, every business in town had a flag flying in front of their buildings. Each building has a pipe & plug in the sidewalk and the American Legion puts them up in the morning and takes them down at night. Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July etc. I'll try to remember to post some pic's next time. I need to replace my pole, but the one that I am most honored and proud of, was my grandpa's burial flag, he served in WW1 and was left on the field for dead, but made it home and lived till 1948. 48 stars, and no I don't fly it.

:patriotic:
  7. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Thanks johnny, your grandpa has left you a wonderful heritage. The small town is the backbone of our nation. I will adjust the poll adding another 1/2%. Thanks for responding. Hang on to that flag, its a valuable hereloom that your following generations will cherish.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

just a little american flag... i put it there following 9/11 and never took it down. the one my grandpa had he got buried with in the early 90s.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  9. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

It has been raining here, and I don't want it to get wet. These afternoon storms keep popping up. Went into town on Memorial day, and saw very few flags. What a shame.
  10. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

there no such thing as shame. thanks Iron Eagle