Lets talk ribs, no not BBQ.

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by cycloneman, Mar 6, 2012.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

And you know exactly where i am going with this. When i was a young boy i was taught that men had one less rib. We all know the story. So why did this or how did this start do you supose?
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Genesis, 2:21
  3. cycloneman

I know the story. But what i am getting at is why did some go around saying that man has one less rib then women? This is not true. God used one of adom's ribs but that doesnt mean that all the offspring would have be the same.
  4. 76Highboy

I think men have the same amount of ribs then women do. If a man loses his finger his children won't be born with a missing finger. Both men and women have 12 pairs of ribs. God is a realistic God. He removed Adams rib, but he did not change the DNA.

Hope that helps.
    Jim
  5. cycloneman

Right no dispute here. I just recall when I was young that somewhere and more than once, grown ups were telling me that man had one less rib then women. I wonder why certain people had this misconception.

I wonder if some still have this misconception today. In fact i am gona have to call my mom and ask her if she thinks men have one less rib.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  6. cycloneman

In fact this brings up another question. Why do men have a whole brain and women only have half?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OK im gona duck now//////
  7. 76Highboy

People in the past survived from wives tales. You can always tell when someone is going to tell you saomthing that needs to be investigated. It's when they say, "Someone once told me."

Also, I have to say out of all fairness, my wife has 110% brains and I am the dummy.

You made a good thread cycloneman.
  8. Juker

Juker New Member

Let's not forget the point regarding hundreds of depictions of Adam and Eve with navels.
  9. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Not only do we all have the same number of ribs today, but Adam most likely had the same number as we do now.
    This is due to the fact that the human rib has the ability to re-grow, if the periosteum is left when the rib is removed.

But I sure know what you mean, Cyclone!
    I get REALLY irritated at all the phoney stories that just KEEP circulating to give EVIDENCE that the Bible is true. Whoever makes this crap up is doing a HUGE amount of damage to all Bible believers, because once one of these 'proofs' is exposed as being false, it casts doubt on the truth of scripture.

Men do NOT have fewer ribs than women.
    NASA did NOT find evidence of the 'missing time' described in two Old Testament events.
    the USSR did NOT drill a hole in siberia and reach hell.
    the Hubble telescope has NOT taken a picture of Heaven.
    No one has taken a picture of God's hands parting the clouds.

If any of you get any of these, PLEASE do not forward it - inform the one that sent it to you that it is FAKE, and delete it.