Letterman: Romney Didn't Pay Taxes & He's a Felon

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by montezumaz, Oct 8, 2012.

1. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-felon-because-didnt-pay-taxes/#ixzz28i0LYwtP

Late night TV host David Letterman called Mitt Romney a "felon" and suggested he does not pay income tax -- despite the Republican presidential nominee recently releasing IRS documents showing he paid nearly $2 million just in 2011. Letterman, host of CBS’ “Late Show,” made the comment Friday night when telling the audience about a recent poll on what Americans would most like to see. Letterman said that 6 percent of Americans wanted to see Romney’s tax returns.
    "Yeah, we want to get a look at those tax returns because I believe we will discover that the man has not paid a nickel in United States federal income tax," Letterman said. "That’s right, we have a felon running for president." Letterman’s comment was similar to one made this summer by Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutters. Cutter suggested in July that if Romney misrepresented on federal documents when he left his company Bain Capital, that would be a “felony.”
    In July, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., citing an anonymous source, accused Romney of not paying any taxes for 10 years. Reid has not revealed where he got his information. Meanwhile, a letter from Price Waterhouse Coopers states that Romney paid an average of 20 percent in taxes every year from 1999 to 2009. His 2011 taxes were mostly paid on investment income.
    - FoxNews
  2. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

This is from a has been bitter late night talk show host that nobody cares to watch any more ...insignificant really :rolleyes:
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Letterman is a puke, to put it nicely. He's a political hack and has no shame and no honor.
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I'll bet Letterman's tax returns would make interesting reading.
    Oh, and does anyone really think someone who earns the kind of money Romney earns actually does their own taxes? He's probably supporting enough accountants to figure the taxes of a small country. I'm sure he doesn't have a clue what they do!
  5. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

hello everyone! Been off-line for 6 months. Yup, David Letterman is a waste of electricity to watch. He's on the very far left of the left wing scale.

Funny thing is that when he or any other of his left wing media cronies make a nasty or otherwise outrageous comment, they are given a pass because they are just 'entertainors'. Sadly, the same is not true to conservative radio or TV people. They are branded as 'spokemen for the GOP', even if what they say is way off of what Republicans or conservatives think.
  6. mranum

mranum Member

Romney's estimated worth...250 million.

Letterman's estimated worth...400 million.

Given Letterman's immense net worth, past sexual harassment issues and cheating on his spouse, I'd say that maybe he is a felon.

Makes just as much sense as Romney being called one. :rolleyes:

There was a time when I thought he was actually entertaining, but now, I think he's just an over paid, over rated, hateful, little man.
  7. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

I used to tune into Letterman every nite,,but when he started attacking Romney on a Nightly Basis while kissing Obamas Ass I quit watching,, when Romney announced his decision for VP Letterman jump all over him before finding out anything about him