Liberals denied access to classroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

My hats to the gent that kicked the libs to the curb. :D
    Good job sir, good job!!!

Liberals told to leave
    An instructor for a hunter safety course orders Obama voters to get out of his class.

By RANDY KREHBIEL World Staff Writer
    Published: 3/7/2009 2:23 AM
    Last Modified: 3/7/2009 3:06 AM

Thirteen-year-old Lane Dunkley just wanted to go hunting with his grandfather.

What he got was a lecture on politics.

Dunkley and his father, Daniel Reddy, who live in Tulsa, went to Broken Arrow on Tuesday night for a hunter safety course normally required to get an Oklahoma hunting license.

The class was a reward of sorts. Dunkley, who wants to go hunting with his grandfather, was told he could take the class only if he brought up his grades.

So he did — to a B-plus average.

But when father and son arrived at the lesson, the volunteer instructor, Kell Wolf, asked if any of the students voted for President Barack Obama.

Reddy, a transplanted Californian — and former Marine — raised his hand.

According to Reddy and others in the room, Wolf called Obama "the next thing to the Antichrist" and ordered Reddy and Dunkley from the room. When Reddy refused, Wolf said he would not teach "liberals" and would cancel the course if Reddy didn't leave.

So Reddy and Dunkley left, as did a few others.

Lance Meek, hunter education coordinator for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, said Wolf had been a volunteer instructor for "a long time, probably 15 years or more" and "from what we've heard and observed, had always done a great job. He worked with the kids really well."

But when Meek received a call Wednesday morning — from someone other than the Reddys — he said he had no choice.
    "I got the call at 8:30, and by 9 o'clock (Wolf) was no longer a volunteer for us."

Contacted on Friday, Wolf had no comment on the matter. Meek said he talked briefly to Wolf on Wednesday, and that Wolf did not deny ordering Reddy from the class or offer an explanation.

Lane Dunkley said the situation made him angry.

"This was a big deal for me because my grandpa doesn't have a lot of time to hunt anymore," he said. "I rarely get to hang out with my grandfather.

"I thought I would never be able to get my license."

Stacy Reddy, Daniel Reddy's wife and Lane Dunkley's mother, said the family was surprised by how quickly the wildlife department acted.

"Lance Meek called and apologized up and down and wanted to know what they could do to make it right," she said.

"The only thing we really wanted was for my son to be able to take the hunter safety course, and there wasn't another one in the Tulsa area with an opening for the rest of 2009."

So Meek arranged for a private class

"They called and said they'd meet us any time, anywhere," said Daniel Reddy. "Their response has been exemplary. It has really restored my faith in government."

Meek and Stacy Reddy said it illustrates how difficult the ongoing changes in the federal government are for some Oklahomans.

"I realize a lot of people are unhappy right now," said Stacy Reddy, "but this was something my son worked his tail off to do."

Meek sounded grieved that a long-time volunteer with a spotless record seemed to have veered so suddenly off the tracks.

"It's a shame. What he did is definitely not all right with us," Meek said, "but his heart has been in the right place for a long, long time."

World staff writer Clifton Adcock contributed to this story.
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

I think his heart is still in the right place.
    I wouldn't have kicked them out of the class but I would have explained the error of their ways.
    I guess thats why I don't volunteer.

Art
  3. whiteclouder

whiteclouder New Member

I think the guy is a pinhead jerk. The kid didn't vote for anyone, he just wanted to go shooting with gramps. I'd expect this kind of crap from a liberal, but not a supposed conservative. Now the kid has a reason to think poorly of all of us.

Clouder..
  4. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

He must have just been at the store trying to get ammo for his class, then finding none and knowing the reason why, took it out on those responsible.
  5. durk

durk New Member

This was on the front page in last Saturdays Tulsa World paper. Glocknut and I have been kicking around the idea of posting it. We kinda had mixed emotions as I think we need all of the hunters/shooters and all around gun owners we can get. We did want to hear the thoughts of fellow TFF members on this story. Thanks for posting Marlin.:)
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Good one Durk, maybe this kid will let the lesson of why he was kicked out of the class sink in and NEVER vote his kids out of the same chance to go hunting or seakittening.
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I think he did wrong.We need to teach liberals the truth when everand where ever we can. Preach the gospel of John Moses Browning at any opportunity.

Pops
  8. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

hmmm...that volunteer's actions didn't sit well with me, either. I agree with whiteclouder's comments. The father and son were there for shooting lessons, so they were obviously "pro gun" to some degree, and going about the process of learning in a responsible way.

That experience won't be forgotten for a long time by many, I'm thinkin'...and it won't be happy memories, either...
  9. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

The kid hopefully also learned an important lesson from his grandfather.

Your vote has ramifications. You cannot vote just to feel good and hope it all works out. You have to take responsibility for your vote.
  10. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Wow... i agree with Vlad on this one!!!! :eek::eek::D:D:D:D;)

mike
    gn
  11. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

All induendo or reteric aside....No matter what current situation(s) may be headlining politically.....

I stand behind the important things I say. No matter WHAT political (U.S.) party involvement...when a pop and grandson PAY their dues and wait their time and stand in line to have someone TEACH them the things my granddad(s) taught me about hunting and safety..and AFTER coming to this BULLPELOSI event...

a MARINE ( and I say marine cause I have it from dependable sources there are no ex marines , only dead ones ) no less has to put up with this BULLPELOSI even more.

I saw a recent post- "all we need now " or somethin like it , regarding how a deranged or mentally ill person can hurt gun posession for using one in his crimes.....
    which itself is MORE BULLPELOSI...

but this extreme right crap is DEADLY to gun use/posession/hunting...etc....and no different than a slanted liberals views the other direction.....

Its ok I guess to say yae...yippee..liberal got kicked outa class...and for what ....the way a Marine voted in an election......

I wont go crazy here (i hope ) and start tellin how I slept in mud at night with peices of my bud's on me and how it was to defend the way a person voted..no...that was mainly for each other then and there..dont let none tell you diffeent....

but Im tellin all now....harass anybody in front of me in such a demoralizing way cause of how they happened top vote ..and well.......

well...ok....they got their class...MOSLty all that matters,,, sorry if I ...hell no not sorry if I p anybody off......left right semantics OK...lobby OK..get out the needed messages OK...but I ha dbetter not see someones rights violated cause of vote....

my god people...these sights are monitored...this is the stuff "good ole" boys did and talked ..when they KILLED the "stupid" white college NIGGER lovers that came down to the south...this is too damn close to that to condone for me....

my opinion......all aside...there IS a story here for a post heading...but shouild ..must read....

"Someone lost their job...only cause of his true political and moral standings and beliefs...only- as editorial sideline- he seems unfortunatley to have forgotten what they mean........."
  12. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I have to agree 100% with 1shot1k. If i were taking part in the class I would ahve stood up for the pair and walk out with them if necessary.
  13. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I find this curious that most of the replies give the liberal Grandpa the benefit of doubt rather than the instructor.

There is a huge part of the story that is missing, the whole reason that the instructor kick out Grandpa! That would be about the, “lecture on politics”, and what ensued during the discussion.

Many said that that was a good opportunity to educate a liberal. How do you know that it wasn’t the liberal that didn’t want hear the truth about his party, what our founding fathers had to say about the second amendment, or the truth about Obama? How do you know that it wasn’t the liberal that was the aggressor?

I’m going to give Mr Wolf the benefit of doubt in this case. I’m sure that he has asked this question before in his 15 years of teaching this class. So why was it this time that he actually kicked somebody out? What did Grandpa say, or do, to deserve that treatment? (Wasn’t covered in piece was it?)

This was another chance to make gun owners look bad without having to produce any evidence, and it appears that it worked. I bet this story would fall apart it had all the events printed in the article. It is liberalism that is screwing up this country and perverting its history.

I know for me, its principles before personalities. So if given the chance, I’ll make sure that likeminded folks get my money, get my work, get my friendship and so forth. Even if it costs me more bucks.

This sounds like exactly the same case for Mr Wolf, but it was a bit biased to make people feel sorry for the VICTIM, while overlooking the fact that it is the Dems that are forcing people TO BE victims through ever increasing gun laws.

Gun owning Democrats are the ultimate definition of hypocrites. (somebody who pretends to have admirable principles, beliefs, or feelings but behaves otherwise)
  14. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I belive the feller was wrong in his aproach but I give him a big ole HEE-HAW Saaaaaa'lute for stckin to his beliefs. Now you fellers gonna keep makin the hllbilly and redneck references in your posts, well I guess I'm gonna give it right back at'cha. Pikeville Ky style.
  15. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

No I guess we dont always get all the facts on a story. But sometimes all we get is a story or a post , that within itself , contains enough proposed "facts" per its own writing , to allow a viewer to read and weigh and recite their own opinion or values.

Based on the highlited facts provided by the author or contributor , I stand by my opinion(s) regarding a state contractor "arbitrarily --remember that word -" imposing private personal beliefs against paying/registered state customers.

I did not join this forum to make any enemies , I have enough , however , when logging on , I also do NOT check my beliefs / honors / concerns / nor loyalties regarding this Republic of ours at the front door.

In the course of news..it is unfortunate for any caring teacher or contributor to lose their jobs...or their chosen enjoyed profession. I am forced to see this individual circumstance as not much different than that of a reported instance of a well serviced and caring school teacher who....

- lost her mind and slept with student , -violated policy and kept gun in desk ...- violated policy and spent day for each class admitting personal views on re-establishing slavery or whatever makes someone lose it or slip up - ...

pick any of above and apply to todays headlines... but based on facts presented......
    he abused his position , just as if he had asked "how do you all feel on abortion ".....either way....no place in contractor's venue to act this way... his supervisors remarks supplied any "unknown" variables in story.......

I do repeal (one) statement in my original reply....I DO regret if my reply would slight anyone here or otherwise. It is only my opinion..and response to an action portrayed.
    However, my kindness or respect , should never be construed as any sign of weakness.

Regards,

1shot
  16. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

This is something that a lot of the people who voted for Obama don't seem to realize but are starting to. I hear more and more stories of people going into gun shops buying guns and saying, " maybe I shouldn't have voted for Obama." The sad part is that it's a little too late to be analyzing a politician after you already voted for him. I understand the instructors desire to do what he did but it certainly doesn't help our already bad situation.
  17. new308handloader

new308handloader New Member

I agree....

If he was a paid instructor or a state contractor then he was out of line.....but this guy was neither, he was a volunteer and not being paid for his service....as a volunteer he may have had enough and that was his right....it was also the right of the hunter education coordinator to not allow him to volunteer anymore. An unfortunate situation over all but the kid and grandfather will still get to go hunting and hunter education classes will still be taught....hopefully the kid will love hunting and the right to own guns and will vote for that right when he is old enough.
  18. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

I fully agree. Everyone has the right to their opinions.
  19. whiteclouder

whiteclouder New Member

Just for the record: It was NOT his grandpa who took him to the class.

It was the instructor, (according to the story) who wanted to know how people voted. That, my friends, is NONE of his freakin' business in any circumstance. The instructor was out of line.

Clouder..
  20. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

+1