Libs and Control of Education

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by rocklinskier, Jan 4, 2010.

1. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

I'm steamin mad here.

A friend of mine has place their son in a semi private Charter school. It is a Christian based 8-12 school. It has a great teacher to student ratio. Excellent graduation ratio, and nothing but good reviews from all who have anything to say about it.....until now.

A group of 'social justice do-gooders' are now howling and scowling about the school being unfair and prejudice to those of non-Christian faith. They want the school to be open to all, or shut down. They have filed with the county, and have made the local news blather.

So, here is an example of an educational system who caters to the Christian community, (parents pay a substantial fee) with an excellent track record, and the Libs want to shut it down because it excludes 'their criteria'.

Now it's O.K. to send BILLIONS to ACORN who only caters to 'the poor', but this school should be shut down?

Whadda ya think.........makes me wanna puke.

P.S. I am not a hard core Christian, nor even an attendee of any religous group. I just think that this is once again an attack people who want something better for their kids than the 'public option'.
    -
    -
    -
  2. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

This will go nowhere. It is a private institution and the members pay for the services. They can be told by the state what must be taught in order to earn a diploma, but no one can tell them what they cannot teach in addition to the minimum requirements.
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

With PRIVATE, they would get no where.
    With PUBLIC, they will win.
    I am not familiar with "semi private", so don't know how far they will get with this.
  4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Why aren't the "social justice do-gooders" suing Muslim schools to open their doors to non-Muslims?:rolleyes:
  5. topper

topper New Member

Why would a christian want to even attend a muslim school and why even try to change that muslim school to accept judeo-christian teachings? IMO, because muslims instill fear in there followers and christians teach love. All ya have to do is look and see how muslim countries and societies treat their women and the strict rules and even stricter punishment for even the smallest infraction of the law. In short, IMO, I think muslim leaders are a bunch of bullies that have complete control of their people. Why do ya think they make their women walk around in them 'costumes', covered head to toe?
  6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

My point was if it's so wrong to have a private Christian school, then why is it ok to have a private Muslim school? As for the rest, I tend to agree with you.
  7. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

It ain't just the muslims...come down south and look at the wives and daughters of devout southern baptist men. The only thing these chicks are missing is the face mask.
  8. topper

topper New Member

Is it me or does it seem like to others that what we have in america seems to work better than anywhere else and anything that is not mainstream american is becoming under attack from all angles because simply it is american? So many factions recently set out to change our very way of life in america. We have illegals protesting for 'full civil rights', foreign religions want to overtake mainstream christian religion, and almost anyone from any foreign country that wants to protest about something comes here to do it.
    IMO, all these foreigners should do there changes and protesting in there own countries. Even small countries with "TIN GOD" rulers are demanding that america bow to there will. I absolutely detest the idea that america has to cower to others wanting free care, changing school curriculum, wanting foreign languages printed everywhere and in general making lifestyles non-american simply because they whined about it. America, IMO, is for americans and should stay that way. Foreigners that come to live and work and be part of the AMERICAN way of life are ok, but the troublemakers ought to be deported or not let in to begin with.
  9. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

The semi private part:

School receives state funding, in part. They have to meet state requirements for the curriculum, but parents have to pay "tuition" to send their kids there. The school teaches Christian based teaching, but must teach at least the minimum state require. Somewhat like a state college. State provides some funds, students/parents must pay for them to attend.

School has right to teach under their own beliefs, and to not take students whom they feel will not fit well into their setting. (you have to apply to a state college as well, and they are free to turn you down without explanation)

The libs want it to be a come one come all, nobody is denied, like public school.
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

This reminds me of when I was in high school and some girl was suing The Citidel, an all-male private military school in SC, to gain entry. I said it back then that if I, as a male, tried to sue an all-female school to be admitted, I'd be laughed out of court. If a female sues an all-male school for admittance, she's "advancing women's rights," but a male that sues an all-female school for admittance "is just trying to get his weasel greased." A private Christian school is unfair, biased, and right-wing, but an all-Muslim school is just allowing Muslims to practice their religion peacfully. An all-black school is allowing "oppressed minorities" to recieve a better education, but an all-white school is racist.

The liberals are nothing if not consistant in their double standards
  11. red14

red14 Active Member

It's because they really don't understand what true freedom is. A Conservative wants the freedom to do what he wants. A Liberal wants the freedom to make you do what he wants you to do.
  12. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

acorn does not cater to the poor.. it caters to prostitutes, pimps and voter fraud.
  13. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

+1
  14. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

Topper, I agree to an extent but they wear those things for modesty, you might find it wrong but many women from those parts wear them to keep there self respect, The Burqua is not required but some chose to wear it, the Hijab is. Muslims instill fear in there followers? you sound like you go to weekly prayers and listen to teachings, Please don't generalize here Because i can bet there are many Christians that them selves instill fear in there followers....
  15. artabr

artabr New Member

If the school is taking state funding, they are going to lose. Just my opinion.
    They can't take taxpayer dollars and deny entry.
    Why would you want the state to be involved in a Christian based school anyway?

Art
  16. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

This is really Bad if Conservative Christians start to lose, this whole Country will be a Liberal hell hole:(
  17. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

If the state is involved its only through it curriculum and not the funding of the building or the salary of the teachers. Worst thing is that they would loose their accreditation though the state which honestly isn't saying much these days.
    If they are so damn offended by the school teaching Christianity then why don't they just start their own school....Oh wait its just easier to step on the toes of others and take what they have b/c it isn't fair. Life ain't fair, get a helmet.

BTW they already have schools that don't teach Christianity, its called public school and those people that already pay for there kids to go private also pay for the public school through their taxes. So do you want to start talking fairness. Talk to those that are dumping money into something they don't even use.
  18. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

If they receive Federal or State money, they have to adhere to the law. However, what these "liberal do-gooders" are doing is a violation of the 1st amendment. The freedom of religion. If they want to have a Catholic school, they should be allowed to have a Catholic school and the government cannot suppress them from practicing their religious beliefs. The government's job is to remain neutral on the situation. If people don't like what the school teaches, then there are plenty of other schools they can attend.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  19. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Absolutely. The public will win over the private. If it is a private school, they should be exempt. Period. And that's the way it should be. But otherwise.......no. Then you have to pass legislation as to where to draw the line. And how many lines are drawn.
  20. walien

walien Former Guest

They filed with the county. They're free to do that. Should they have that right taken away? Freedom means people are free to do things that piss you off.