Light primer hits using Norinco 9mm?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by RedPepper2, Feb 13, 2010.

1. RedPepper2

RedPepper2 New Member

I purchased several rounds of 9x19mm Norinco 9mm several years ago. In firing the ammo I experience a light primer malfunction about every 12 rounds. Someone told me this ammo uses military hard primers and that is my probable cause of failures. I am using a M&P9C pistol. Anyone have any input on this subject?
  2. army mp

army mp Member

I don’t think its so much a Military Ammo issue as that its probably foreign Ammo. A lot of the Russian and Chinese stuff. They don’t have the standards we have here. The metals mixed are not as closely monitored. The quality just isn’t there.
  3. neilin

neilin New Member

I would save it for practice only, and buy some Winchester or Remington to see if they have the same problem. They probably won't. If the do then there is probably a problem with the gun.
  4. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have a Norinco model 213 in 9x19mm.Don't think its the same model as yours,but I bought a case of Fiocchi.After maybe 150 rnds thru never a misfire.Just wish i could find an extra clip for it.
  5. cltbruce

cltbruce New Member