The Firearms Forum banner

Litschert scope

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  300 H&H 
#1 ·
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
What is the value of a Litschert 8x Targeteer Jr scope ? It is mounted on a CESKOSLOVENSKA ZBROJOVKA,A.S,BRNO VZ24(1937), chambered in 22o swift.

See less See more
#3 ·
That's a newer model. The one I have is more like the top scope in that auction picture, where the windage and elevation adjustments are made externally by the rear mount turrets. I did see a 10x 15x and 20x versions on EBay going for 300 to 600. Thought maybe the higher the power the higher the value. Thanks gvw3.

#4 ·
Litschert target scopes are not as well known as the Unertl scopes were back in the day...

Good glass they are, and give up little to nothing to a Unertl....

Not that many around, and they don't seem to be valued as high as a Unertl. My guess is to the right person it may bring $400 -$600 +..

Long tube scopes have flatter lens elements in them and bend the light going through them less. I do think this makes for less eye strain. In an NRA match, you spend a lot of time looking through your scope and these old long tubes are good for that. Barrel mounted long tubed scopes are still popular in rimfire NRA match shooting in my neck of the woods. An 8X example is worth less than those of higher power..

Regards, Kirk

#5 ·
Thanks for the input Kirk.
I sighted it in yesterday. Got it 2.5 inches high at 100 yards with 55gr Hornady ballistic tip rounds. The scope has a post cross hair reticle. I have an old Weaver V7 scope with the post reticle on my 7mm mag elk rifle. Love it. The adjustments out at 100 yards brought it right in. Now if a groundhog or coyote presents itself across the valley on my neighbors ridge, we'll find out what it can do at 300 to 500 yards.

#6 ·
By the way I really like your rifle. It appears to be an interesting blend of a very old stock design from 100+ years ago, once common though... Brno actions are never a bad thing either. And a heavy .220 Swift barrel and the Litschert as icing on the cake. Nice rifle, in one of my favorite calibers.

Regards, Kirk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.