Live in NY? time to move

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

So tell me, what exactly is an illegal firearm?

NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL CANDIDATE ANDREW CUOMO PLEDGES TO FIGHT TO PROTECT NEW YORKERS FROM GUN VIOLENCE
    FIVE WESTCHESTER LAW ENFORCEMENT GROUPS ENDORSE CUOMO AS “CHAMPION FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT”
    Praise Cuomo record working with law enforcement to keep nation’s neighborhoods safe
    New York, NY (October 6, 2006) – New York State Attorney General candidate Andrew Cuomo today pledged to fight to protect New [​IMG]Yorkers against the scourge of gun violence, and earned the endorsement of five law enforcement organizations in Westchester representing more than 4,000 officers in the county. The law enforcement groups praised Cuomo’s integrity and record of accomplishments working with law enforcement to protect public safety, and fighting to get illegal guns off our streets as reasons for their support of his candidacy to be New York’s top law enforcement official.
    At an event held at Westchester County Courthouse in White Plains, Cuomo earned the endorsement of the Rye City Police Benevolent Association, the Westchester Corrections Superior Officers, the Fraternal Order of Police Westchester-Putnam Chapter, the New York Supreme Court Officers Association, and the New York Hispanic Court Officers Association.
    “I am honored and humbled to earn the support of these hardworking men and women who are on the front lines protecting our citizens every single day. It is a difficult – and sometimes thankless – job, and it is critically important,” stated Andrew Cuomo, New York State Attorney General candidate. “A key case in point right now is the issue of gun violence that is endangering New Yorkers in cities and towns across the state. These illegal guns quite literally put our officers in the line of fire – and I’ll fight to protect them.”
    Stated John McKillip, NYS Supreme Court Officers: “I am proud to stand with Andrew Cuomo and the men and women who protect us as we fight to keep illegal guns off our streets. As President Clinton’s secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Andrew’s Officer Next Door and gun buyback programs were a crucial step forward in protecting New Yorkers. The buyback program alone removed more than 10,000 guns from the nation’s streets. He will also push for legislation requiring smart gun technology on Day 1 of his administration. With his record, integrity and commitment, there is no question that as Attorney General, Andrew will continue to be a tough advocate and leader in the fight to protect law enforcement and our families from these deadly weapons. And that is why the New York State Supreme Court Officers support him.”
    Stated Jim O'Neill, Westchester-Putnam-Dutchess Fraternal Order of Police: “No other candidate in this race has better credentials to protect New Yorkers than Andrew Cuomo. Law enforcement can count on Andrew to work closely with us and stand strong and fight for common-sense legislation that saves lives by preventing criminals from out-arming us on the street. For instance: As Attorney General, Andrew will push legislation requiring microstamping of guns to help law enforcement track down illegal guns and solve crimes. Andrew already stood up to the gun lobby and negotiated the historic Safe Guns Agreement on behalf of the Clinton Administration to make the way guns were designed and distributed safer. The Westchester-Putnam-Dutchess Fraternal Order of Police enthusiastically supports his candidacy for attorney general.”
    Stated Robert Buckley, President Westchester County Correction Superior Officers Association: “Andrew Cuomo understands the challenges New York’s law enforcement officers face each day protecting public safety, and keeping our neighborhoods safer, and how critical it is to prevent these lethal weapons from getting in the hands of the wrong people on our streets and in our neighborhoods The sheer firepower of these battlefield weapons poses an especially critical danger to public safety. Failing to strengthen the current Assault Weapons ban would be a major blow to law enforcement. The Westchester County Correction Superior Officers Association strongly supports Andrew Cuomo for Attorney General.”
  2. Red Neck64

Red Neck64 Former Guest

Most vote the way the union dictates,unions vote Demoratic all the time I was in the Operating Engineers in NYNY.Block voting a union tradition,Cuomo is one underhanded backdoor snake.I ain't moving and not giving up the guns.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  3. Red Neck64

Red Neck64 Former Guest

Note that ####Bag and the blond in the background are the only ones smiling.
  4. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

THANK GOD I don't live in New York any more!

And I Thank him for that almost DAILY....

Red, I'm telling you, you are missing out on some of the BEST years of your life, there IS a good life for you OUTSIDE of New York, and not only will you find common sense and less stress, it will be GUARANTEED a better place to raise your family...get out while you can. Only when the last Democrat realizes there are not enough people left to even turn out the lights, will they see what they did.
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I wouldn't live their if you paid me too.
  6. stetson

stetson New Member

8 years of one Clinton!How the voters of New York elected her amazes me
    and the rest of the liberal group.They make good copy that's all.They go
    against all traditional standards and think they are better than everybody
    else and above the laws they write.Yet, they still continue to garner votes go figure?
  7. danurve

danurve New Member

clinton got elected because of the lax and low standard requirements in politics. That, and enough bandwagon idiots s*** her @**. cumo, despite his record and HUD fumble stands a good chance to do the same.
    A slightly less lime-lighted dimwit anti-gun zelot wears a republican suit and runs NYC.
    A farce for an excuse as a senator belches out his jazz everyday and continues to do so in Ma., yet you don't see people leaving in droves.
    A dribbling pile of feceis for Gov in La. continues to ozze yet why arn't people exiting that state either?
    How about Ca., NJ., Az.? My gosh why arn't we all packed up and ready with engines running? Dang, to heck with that good job, benifits, good report cards, .. Family here? who needs `em, they can slug it out on their own, why my aging mom is kickin right along, should have a few good years in here yet on her own without my dad God rest his soul.
    Forget all that, it's time to move - Not.
    I get a kick out of you guys that continualy bash NY. Yes siree we got some sheer idiots runing the state, but to just pack up and run? We survived one cumo and in the end he got ditched. I would hope there are enough wise to shenanigans, but any educated soul should know history repeats itself. So while you guys living in more gun friendly states are gloating just remember in 4 more years it can happen to you. No one state is immune, would you just pack up and run after a bad election and uproot? I'm 44 years old and my youngest is 15, soon to be our deer hunting with me once he's 16. It's not all downstate politics. This is my home, and I'm not giving up my rights or my guns either.
    For someone who has no ties or little to no commitments, thats one thing. Other things are much easier said then done. Some people like to get out of the cites, some do but forget to leave the city behind. If your job, the security you have or built encompases a move this is another thing. But just to drift and abandon your home just isn't an option. If you leave all what's left behind just how the frick long do you expect it to stay so far away that it won't catch up to you, huh? Tell me that. And before people go telling me their state is so much better, let's look at all the welfare addicts and border problems elsewhere. Yeah how about that. Does your state even have half the public wma NY offers? Can you go Bear, Whitetail, Turkey, Coyote etc. hunting within a few hours drive all for under 80$ without a guide in your state? Some of us made several mistakes in the past and to make a long story short, don't have stupid money to play with. It makes a difference. Alright this is getting nutzo.
    cumo, I don't know alot about him, but I know you cant polish a turd no matter how much is spent on a suit & tie. I get more disillusioned with politics as I get older, with the trust I have in elected officials getting quite dull.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  8. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Well said, denurve.
  9. Tac

Tac *TFF Admin*

If NYC was a seperate state from NYS, things in NYS would be
    much similar (with regards to RKBA) to the rest of the country.

NYC's population controls the vote over the rest of the state.

.............................Not a good thing at all!
  10. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Oneida and Danurve,

I USED to live in CT. and couldn't take all the liberals, and what the liberals stand for. It was beyond my tolerance levels. Simple solution, take my money, labor to another state. Easy

So to answer your statements, it is all up to you and how you really feel about your rights being violated by a bunch of liberals.

It sounds like neither of you are fed up enough with all of the BS laws, BS liberals. So therefore you are not going to move. But moving is easy. It is a verb and requires action. First off, you'll have to get fed up enough to see that you're a lobster in a pot of boiling water.

A benifit of your moving to a more conservative state, like mine :rolleyes: would be another vote to get that commie Dominachie out of office. We need more conservatives here and the rest of the red states.

But until you move, just consider yourself to be a target of the rest of the country due to the fact that your state is one of the most liberal that there is!

By the way, can you tell I don't like liberals?
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  11. danurve

danurve New Member

Well to put it plainly, your assumtion is not as accurate as you would like us to belive. It is not that easy or simple. There is more to it then liberals and laws. Like I said some things are easier said then done. Apparently your situation, not ours, made moving easier for you.
  12. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I see that Mayor Mike is in need of a basic history lesson.
    What a fool! :mad:

Does "RINO" ring a bell?
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  13. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Most impediments to a happy, successful life we create OURSELVES.

Moving away from your "home" for whatever reason is NOT "easier" for others...it is as hard for anybody to move away from things with which we have a certain "comfort level."

But Marlin is quite right...for whatever reasons, valid or not, you are convinced whatever keeping you there is more important than that of which you complain.

Once you TRUTHFULLY examine your "needs," and once you understand you CAN go BACK to visit friends and Family whenever you desire, and objectively, not subjectively, realize your true "needs" will be BETTER met elsewhere, is the time you will "get it."

And MOVE.

And be HAPPIER.
  14. danurve

danurve New Member

hooie
    Quotes from political anti's & selective words in Caps does not negate someone elses life, comitments, choices or goals.
    You guys seem comfortable & determined to justify your choices and expect the rest of us to tool right long. Doesn't work that way.
    What I said in my first responce to this thread still stands. Once certain cituations change I plan to move away from the city and yes better my life. I'm not going to simply give up, quit and abandon my home state. Get it?
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  15. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Just a gentle reminder, folks, not directed at anyone particularly.

Let's keep our discussions on the friendly side and not let it slide into a shouting match......:)

Remember, that is one of the big pluses for TFF. We can and do often disagree, but we do it in a fashion that ruffles no one's feathers. While at the same time, bearing in mind that we all HATE "Political Correctness" here !