Live in NY? time to move

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Oct 8, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

danurve, I didn't mean to touch a nerve...

All I'm REALLY saying is of COURSE each person has to make his own decisions, for his OWN reasons, only just be sure you are making the right decisions for the right reasons, that's all. Human's naturally dislike change, even fear life altering decisions, and put roadblocks of their own making many times in the way of a tough decison, to convince themselves it's best to keep the staus quo.

For example, if you have an elderly parent, or OTHER serious family committments, of COURSE that is a great reason to stay, heck, your sacrifice would be commendable...but on the OTHER hand, sometimes we CONVINCE ourselves that our parents or family "need us," when they really DON'T. But AGAIN only you can tell....

Likewise I've seen people "married" to their land or home, ESPECIALLY if they've owned it for a long time or even generations....when if they SOLD it, they could buy at least TWICE the land and TWICE the house for that money, in another state, and make payments with just the TAXES they are saving on it! Trust me, I lived in New York for 21 years, and I KNOW what my parents were (and my Mom now is...) paying for taxes, its confiscatory! "Home" is wherever you make it, not NECESSARILY where it "aways was..." But AGAIN, only you can make that call...

Other reasons given many times is "Job" or "Salary." There ARE jobs out here, sometimes much more available than THERE, (our economies are generally GROWING, when New York's is SHRINKING) and with our cost of living, you would absolutely have MORE disposable income even if you worked for LESS pay! SO that is NOT the roadblock many people say it is, but again, only YOU can decide, just get all the facts before you do!

There are many OTHER reasons we decide "to stay," or "to move." All I and others are saying, is make sure you are making objective decisions.

It HAS worked for us, and for MANY people who have made the switch, if we appear "animated" about it, it is because we only want to SHARE the "Freedom" we have found, that is TRULY beyond our expectations, with others who are "behind the lines" in the "occupied" territories.:cool:

And as for my caps, I am PASSIONATE when I speak, or type. Sorry if you don't like either WHAT I say or HOW I say it.

And YEAH, I get it. Someday you will too. My "Home" state at ONE TIME was New York. I went to school and college there. I STILL love it, and LOVE to visit, it had GREAT hunting and trout fishing and Walleye and Perch fishing on Lake Erie, and Musky fishing on the Niagara, am STILL a rabid Bills and Sabres fan, STILL don't like Orange (because they beat my alma mater EVERY YEAR.:p ) and HATE the fact such a great state is under the thumb of Schumer and Clinton.

But my NEW "Home" state, which I have grown to love MORE, is Indiana. And it's still SANE here. Come and visit someday!
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  2. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ya PS, be NICE!!!!! Whats that all about. LOL (just joking, I got it)

Dan,

I post the above story as new news, not anything to do with you, personally.

I was not refering to you as the fool, if you caught that.

As far as moving, it took me a year to get all my ducks in a row before it was time to go. But there was that defining moment when I knew it was time to go, I left most of that BS behind me in CT and I'm happier now than I ever have been.

So when the dinger goes off in your head, you'll know it's time go. But until that time occurs, if it ever occurs, have a good time where your at. Just make sure to TRY and vote out all that liberal sh** that makes the rest of the US mad at New Yorkers.

By the way, it is amazing how just a very small part of the state can and does control the rest. I'm not sure about NY, but look at the blue red map of CA and you'll see what I'm talking about.
  3. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

Well said Polishshooter. I have lived here all of my life and am not looking to get away right now but am entertaining possibilities in the future. I have many friends and family here and we also just bought our first house 5 years ago. I definitely would like to enjoy it for a few years. It took me a long time to get where I am and I don't feel like starting over again.I may have moved away years ago but the wife and kids would most likely be unhappy to relocate. These are just a few of the reasons I stay here and it is my choice. If you are young and single it would be the easiest thing to do. When I get a little older I will give it more thought. Unfortunately the politicians suck as well as taxes but I will continue to deal with it. Of course, if they ever try to take my guns away it won't matter because I WILL fight for my RKBA.
  4. danurve

danurve New Member

polishshooter I'm thrilled to see you & a few others so passionate for leaving NY, but it leaves open territory.
    Lived in NY for 44 years myself, owned a house, helped manage rentals all that. Alot of noise in that business if you ask me. Ok -4 years on a destroyer but I returned home. The amount of time either of us lived somewhere may help validat an opinion but in my eyes it doesn't solidify a reason that just because of an election, a bad election to quit and leave kids, family & friends behind. It depends on comittments & what you belive in or are willing to fight for. I can move anytime as far as that goes. Not afraid to put a shovel in my hands either, but the point is I don't want to do either. My gut tells me not to quit and give up & abandon hope that easy. Perhaps a stubborn triat but thats my conscious.

T thanks for the news, but cumo's pr team plastered upstate with vomitorious adds well before your post. The man is a pig. He actually campained that he fought the NRA. If all the pro gun rights people were to leave NY state it would give those pigs exactly what they want, more power. Yet even through a dim light even Shumer himself came out and said how important the hunters and sportsmen are to NY and the economy. Yes I do vote btw.

Seems like some people are just waiting for NY to burn or something. Well I think that's a bad attitude. NY's new AG is a serious butthole, no doubt about it. Now we got him, spitziod, shumer & clintoon. Good lord it's a liberal cesspool. Alot can happen in 2 - 4 years. (Live in NY? time to move) - Sorry but I think thats wrong, cumo is not a final straw. I am sticking to my first post to this thread.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2006