1. Small.Shooter

Small.Shooter New Member

I went to a garage sale yesterday, and I found a pistol frame for sale. It is a Llama frame with wood grips. The grips has a small Llama medallion on the grip. The date code on the trigger guard is E*2, if that means anything to ya'll. I assume it is a 9mm because it as two rounds of 9mm Luger in the magazine. It says Stoeger Industries S Hackensack, N.J. On the right side. I thought it was a 1911 frame that's why I bought it. Any information is very appreciated. Also I got 96 rounds of .32 S&W rounds in the deal if you can tell me how much they are worth too.
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

Of the three, one time Spanish firearms makers I believe Llama had the best quality, however that is open to opinion and debate. Llama, like Star and Astra have vanished into the fog of the night. Parts are becoming very difficult to acquire. It is a somewhat copy of the Colt 1911 but only a few 1911 parts will fit and only a couple more can be made to fit. To build up a Llama large frame to a working gun is not a project I would want to under take. If you decide to do so, it will be a long term project. That is JMHO and I have others:D Some one else will have to give an estimate on the .32 S&W ammo. Good luck in which ever path you take and shoot safe
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  3. Small.Shooter

Small.Shooter New Member

Well I only paid $15 for the frame and ammo, so it isn't a big loss if it sits around for a little while. The frame has all the internals so I am at least halfway to having a working gun. Could you tell me the Model by the info? If you need more I will be happy to oblige with anymore info I can.
  4. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

My friend bought an almost new in the box Llama 9mm for $225, as they don't seem to be in great demand. After shooting a few hundred rounds it loosened up and rattled significantly, as the steel seems to be somewhat on the soft side. I don't think it would be practical to put any money into rebuilding this frame.
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

$15.00.....what a steal. I have only found one Jem in my life at a garage sale. Good Find. Get the slide and barrel and let her rip!
  6. BillM

BillM Active Member

Llama made a 9mm that extrenally looked just like a 1911. Had one for a
    while. Looks like a 1911, but it's not a locked breech gun--it blowback.

It was a good looking gun, good fit and finish, but a total POS. Played with
    it for a year and could never get it to run well. YMMV