llama 9mm

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jaromo, Nov 1, 2009.

1. jaromo

jaromo New Member

i have a llama 9mm auto parabellum. it jams on the 4th round and when corrected fires the rest of the clip. does anyone know why? thanks for your help.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I'd try different ammo, and if one is available, a different magazine. Sounds like the spring, as it decompresses, at one point is pushing the shells at a slightly different angle then with the rest of the mag, so it is pushing the bullet nose into the feed ramp (I presume that to be the type of jam you have). A different brand of ammo would, probably, give you a slightly different nose-profile, and might cure the jamming problem. A different magazine might, also. Maybe just a replacement mag spring would do it. But I'd try those two changes, and if it fixes it, you know it's a mag/ammo problem and not a gun problem. Mag/ammo problems are much cheaper to fix.
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

As Alpo posted, 95 per-cent of the jams such as you have described are caused by the magazine.
  4. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

I think it's a Llama thing, last week mine managed to strip the next round from the mag with the case it was ejecting and reload and jam the next one.