1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

LLAMA I-MAX 45

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

JIMG12
    (12/22/02 11:01:05 am)
    Reply LLAMA I-MAX 45
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT TYPE OF PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCED WITH THE LLAMA 45'S OF LATE. I SEE PEOPLE TALKING BAD ABOUT THEM, BUT HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY HAD ONE? I TALKED WITH A FEW PEOPLE I KNOW WHO ACTUALLY OWNED THEM AND THEY SAID THEY WERE PRETTY GOOD WEAPONS. I KNOW EVERYONE LOVES KIMBERS, COLTS, AND WILSONS , BUT NOT ALL OF US CAN AFFORD THEM.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/22/02 11:41:51 am)
    Reply Re: LLAMA I-MAX 45
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello JIMG12 and welcome to The Firearms Forum.

All I can comment on is Colt's, and personally I like em'

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/23/02 9:20:10 am)
    Reply Re: LLAMA I-MAX 45
    Hi JIMG12....Welcome to TFF.

Check out "Llama/Firestorm Questions" below in this forum.

Llama quality has tended to be uneven. I've seen some that worked fine, and I've seen some that haven't. When they've had problems, they were usually failure to feed or failure to extract/eject....nothing dangerous.
    Sometimes the failure to feed problem can be solved by using a higher-quality magazine than the one supplied with the gun.

It's basically a sound design (being a copy of the Colt/Browning system), and any problems can usually be tweaked out.

ddmaz
    (12/28/02 12:31:06 pm)
    Reply Llama
    I ve had a llama mini-max for about a year and find it to be an excellent firearm. I also own several other 1911 types including colts and kimbers. I just couldn't pass up the $249.00 price tag. The gun shoots as accurate as anything I ve fired and with no problems.
    This is the fourth llama I ve owned, and I ve had no problems with any of them.

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/29/02 10:31:49 am)
    Re: Llama
    There are plenty of "older" Llama .45ACP out there for sale that are of excellent quality. As Xracer said the newer ones just tend to be rather hit and miss in the quality dept. I shot one last week that worked just fine. A friend of mine bought it used for $225. The fit and finish were nothing to brag about...but it was functional.

There are older ones out there, say 1950's to 1980's, for very reasonable $$. There is one on brand X right now for $290 "buy it now." Llama 45 Lousy pix, though. If I wasn't so tapped after Christmas, I'd be buying it.

You will find the majority of those to excellent in all departments...at least I do.

Important Info For ALL Americans
    "A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!" Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

Edited by: boomatic at: 12/29/02 2:11:10 pm