Llama information??

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

seb1899
    (6/26/02 3:07:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Llama information??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just picked up a Llama Especial pistol in .32ACP calibre and I wonder if there is a source of information for older discontinued Llama fire arms.

It looks like a 1911A1 but i do not know if it takes down/comes apart like a 1911 so I am looking for a manual or a copy of one or at least disassembly instructions.

Can you experts give this amateur some help?

Thanks

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/26/02 3:26:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Llama information??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this is the little baby that looks like a 2/3 scale M1911a1, it takes down exactly like a full-size 1911.....except for the extractor (which is external instead of internal).

Sweet little piece....I have one in .380.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/26/02 3:30:47 pm)
    Xracer is right - just like a M1911.

I have a couple of these Llama Especials in 32acp - made around WWII time period.

One has a date code of 1943, and was imported into Germany by Geco. The other has a date code of 1944.

Nice little pistols.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Edited by: Bob In St Louis at: 6/26/02 4:33:21 pm

seb1899
    (6/26/02 3:37:29 pm)
    I guess picked up was premature, it is in route vi UPS.

I liked the look of it and wanted a .32ACP so I bought it. Oddly enough it has a ventilated rib for the sights and nice walnut grips.

Hope to have by the weekend and will shoot it and advise my success in shooting and take down!

Thanks for the info; This is the place!!!

seb1899
    (7/5/02 3:01:44 pm)
    Well the Llama finally arrived and yes I was able to take it down by following the instruction link that was posted in the 1911 forum.

However when I fired the pistol at the range this afternoon the grip screws loosened. I hesitate to tighten too much for fear of cracking the walnut grips.

I was wondering if it would be ok to use Locktite as I do not forsee changing the grips or is this just not done on a pistol?

While I am at it does anyone know of a source for additional mags for this pistol??

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/5/02 3:29:28 pm)
    Try: www.sarcoinc.com/mags.html

Alphamale
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/6/02 9:32:49 pm)
    in spanish, it's pronounced yama
    Unless you've had a lot of practice shooting while crapping your pants, your accuracy is probably going to go to hell when someone is trying to kill you -- SomeGuyInAHat
  2. hardcore_defee

hardcore_defee New Member

does anyone know a website or dealer that carry nose sites for a LLAMA .45 large frames style . I cant find anyone to tell me anything please or any other style sites that will work:confused:
  3. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

They spit when they get mad, they dont like grass they prefer leaves and such. Can get mean when cornered Oh wait you mean the guns, sorry wrong site:p
  4. JohnnyLoco

JohnnyLoco New Member

This one showed up in my yard while I was drinking coffee in the Texas Hill Counrty:

[​IMG]
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Okay, those two made funnies. I'll be serious.

What the heck's a nose site? I been messin' with guns for a long time, and I ain't never heard that term before.
  6. jerry4570

jerry4570 New Member

I just spent a week searching for llama parts and found that very few people have parts, most that say they do are sold out. larryh1108 just started posting on here and he sells on *********, you might p.m. him.
  7. Upstate gun man

Upstate gun man New Member

I have both 380 and large frame 45, sorry I do not have the info you request. I would like to know the same if anyone has it.