Llama mini-max .40 ??

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Jaredm82, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Jaredm82

Jaredm82 New Member

I cant seem to find info on this gun anywhere and I think I would be very interested in purchasing one if I could get more info. All I can find is a few of them for sale on gunsamerica.com. Anyone got any links to some info on these little guys? Thanks, Jared
  2. safetyjoe

safetyjoe New Member

I had one in .45. I bought it because: the price (I thought) was inexpensive, it had a lot of the bells & whistles that I liked, 10+ round capacity, and felt good in my hand. I took it out to shoot and out of the 1st 10 rounds I had 2 FTF's and 1 FTE. Oh well, I think, it needs broken in and some polishing on the feed ramp. So I polished and shot some more and had 3 FTF and 3 FTE out of the next 25. SO far I have had about 60 rounds through it and I have had more problems with this gun than I've ever had with any other. I talk to the gun shop owner, we'll send it back. It comes back (fixed) and the same things. At this time I decide this gun is a POS and I'm going to trade it back and take my losses, the gunshop didn't screw real bad and he got a brand new pistol in it's place. He's happy, I'm glad to be rid of that gun and I bought a Glock 27 in it's place and many more 1911's since. I am carrying now a Colt Officers model that goes bang every time I pull the triggger and so has every one I've gotten since. I say that because I thought maybe I was limp wristing the thing, but this little Colt has smaller grips and it goes bang and ejects the shells every time. It is your money, but you did ask for insights (albeit a .40) but you couldn't give another one of those guns.
  3. Jaredm82

Jaredm82 New Member

Ya, I'm having a hell of a time finding any info on them. Something tells me that they may be out of business? The website www.bersa-llama just goes to bersa now. I don't think I want a gun I cant find any info on, especially if the intergrity may not be up to par. I now have my eyes on the Beretta 9000S. Im looking for a back up firearm to carry on my ankle while on duty. Also something to carry while off duty. What do you think about the 9000s?