1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Llama MINI-MAX SUBCOMPACT 45ACP good or not?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Makarov, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Makarov

Makarov New Member

I saw a llama .45 MINI-MAX SUBCOMPACT 45ACP for a good price at the local gun shop. Does anybody have one of these guns? How reliable are these handguns?
  2. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Makarov -

Looks like you and me gonna become internet buddies if we keep goin on like this.

You asked "Does anybody have one of these guns?" relating to a Llama Mini-Max Subcompact 45ACP.

Well, I don't have a subcompact 45ACP, but I do have a Mini-Max in .38Super. Great little handgun. About the same size as the Colt Commander, and just as reliable, for about 1/2 the price. It was a bit "stiff" at first and lock up seemed a bit slow; but that improved over time and now it functions smoothly and effortlessly.

Right now that little piece runs as my second choice for a personal defense pistol when it is loaded with Cor-Bon 115gr+P loads.

My evaluation - good investment for the money spent. But I clarify that with a caveat that some of the Llams pistols of the 1980s and 1990s left a lot to be desired in toolmanship and finish as whey were a bit rough.