Llama MINI-MAX SUBCOMPACT 45ACP good or not?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Makarov, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Makarov

Makarov New Member

I saw a llama .45 MINI-MAX SUBCOMPACT 45ACP for a good price at the local gun shop. Does anybody have one of these guns? How reliable are these handguns?
  2. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

Makarov -

Looks like you and me gonna become internet buddies if we keep goin on like this.

You asked "Does anybody have one of these guns?" relating to a Llama Mini-Max Subcompact 45ACP.

Well, I don't have a subcompact 45ACP, but I do have a Mini-Max in .38Super. Great little handgun. About the same size as the Colt Commander, and just as reliable, for about 1/2 the price. It was a bit "stiff" at first and lock up seemed a bit slow; but that improved over time and now it functions smoothly and effortlessly.

Right now that little piece runs as my second choice for a personal defense pistol when it is loaded with Cor-Bon 115gr+P loads.

My evaluation - good investment for the money spent. But I clarify that with a caveat that some of the Llams pistols of the 1980s and 1990s left a lot to be desired in toolmanship and finish as whey were a bit rough.