lLorcin Engineering 9mm

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rhuga, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

This is supposed to have a Lifetime Warranty. I don't really know what that means since they changed the manufacturer names. Am I out of luck on the warranty? Or, is there another mfg that will honer the original warranty?

After thinking about this purchase, a High Point would have been a better buy.
  2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

If they changed the name, it most likely means the original manufacturer was again sued out of business, other family member bought up the equipment and re started production under the new name, or at least that's the explanation I've been given about those companies, Davis, Raven, Jennings, Bryco, etc. I would very much doubt any warranty will be honored, but you can call and ask.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

heck.. try to get a warrant rep on an old bushnell.. :)
  4. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Rhuga, you might want to follow this link and read the article.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/dec/27/news/mn-2618

Jennings designed guns are often well designed but cheaply and poorly made. The often have cycling problems, either when new or after a few hundred shots. Unless one is a competent "gun tuner" reliable operation is not to be expected. I will no longer transfer the ownership of any Jennings designed and Jennings related group made gun for potential lawsuit liability reasons.

The lawsuit judgement in the 2003 Brandon Maxfield case is variously estimated at between $25 million and $40 million. About $30 million seems most likely; BUT THE GUN SHOP THAT SOLD THE PISTOL GOT HIT WITH A $5 MILLION JUDGEMENT BY THE JURY!

In reality, what was really the matter with (defective about) the Bryco .380 pistol that had anything to do with a babysitter pointing it at the head of a child that she was babysitting, while she tried to unload it with her finger pulling on the trigger? NOTHING!!! However the "fallout" from this case has had far reaching effects in the entire firearms industry. One major US manufacturer had to go to the expense of putting a needless loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety in one of its most popular and time tested products as a result of this verdict.

The best thing that you can likely do with your pistol is to sell or trade it to a dealer for what ever you can get out of it. I WOULD NOT SELL IT TO A CONSUMER.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012